Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rivers

How far can I go?
I don't blame you, no point unnecessarily risking your safety.

I've read reports of similar things happening in the Manchester area but nothing in your neck of the woods.

It's been on the local cycling facebook page and news website. I opted for the traffic laden commute this morning, and regretted it as I turned off the A4 into Keynsham. 4 way temporary lights, and a tailback that took a bit of manoeuvring to get through. Here's to hoping those road works are done tomorrow. My wife has basically forbidden me from taking my usual route to work until it calms down a bit. My wife is scary when angry, so I'd rather not piss her off

dhd.evans

Veteran
There was a chill in the air this morning, ended up wearing 3/4 bib shorts. A bit nippy.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well a very wet commute home lunchtime result was wet underclothes so a quick rub down with a towel and some fresh clothes and a bike fitted with guards i am ready for this afternoons commutes :laugh:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Very Wet ride in

I hate wearing waterproofs in this heat

rivers

How far can I go?
First wet commute in many months. I took the winter bike in today, and boy is hard work compared to my summer bike. I've been opting for the more direct, but heavier traffic, route in to work for the past few days due to the incidents on the B2B, and I must say, I hate it with a passion. It's just not as pleasant...

dhd.evans

Veteran
Best Bike is in the shop until next week so still on the heavy, slow singlespeed:

upload_2018-8-10_9-39-54.png

Lol, j/k. Singlspeed 4 lyf!1!!!!

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-10_9-39-25.png
    upload_2018-8-10_9-39-25.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 22

si_c

Guru
Very Wet ride in

I hate wearing waterproofs in this heat

That's where having somewhere to get changed really helps - I ride in shorts and jersey - if you get wet no big deal, just get changed at the other end. I'll take in a set of dry clothes for the return trip at the same time.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
That's where having somewhere to get changed really helps - I ride in shorts and jersey - if you get wet no big deal, just get changed at the other end. I'll take in a set of dry clothes for the return trip at the same time.

I agree and normally I would too, but it was far too wet, so ended up putting those in the bag as well, and wearing the full waterproofs including overshoes, with a base layer vest and three panel shorts underneath.

The plan then being, either wearing my work clothes home if it brightens up, or the shorts and jersey if it raining but light.

Top Bottom