Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sixmile

Veteran
Drove a few miles up the road after dropping my youngest to her first day of primary, bike off the roof and rode on 20 minutes to work. Pleasant enough spin in.

Hopey

Hit a doozy of a pothole going across a 4 way junction which threw my pannier off. Was kept attached to the bike by the bungee cord I tie round it.

Almost lost control but thankfully stayed upright and was able to drag it behind me to the pavement. Laptop etc were all fine.

Wife wants a lift into town with the kids tomorrow so no riding in for me :sad:

gaijintendo

Veteran
Had a few spokes go this last couple of months. Nipped out earlier and spotted someone manhandling a silver grey retro bike into the same side of the rack as me.

So I am d locking to the frame from now on, and not frame and wheel as before.

si_c

Guru
Bit cold this morning and very very wet - that pervading get everywhere fine mist wet. Got a bit cack-handed putting the garmin on the bike and dropped it face down on the concrete - cracked the protective hard glass cover I put on last week - guess I need to order a new one!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So, last night the seat post collar bolt sheared on my mudguarded commuter. No spare. Bollixs. Oh well, will be nice to ride the mudgaurdless, pannierless Van Nick in to work for a change.

Great, woke up this morning to find it hissing down.
A right royal wet all over commute. Fortunately it wasn't cold.

New seat collar bolt on order.

Rainy commute stats.
36th rainy commute of 2018
For the same period last year, 16 rainy commutes.
31 Rainy commutes over all for 2017

Last edited:

Sixmile

Veteran
Took the opportunity to ride the road bike in this morning. A little nippy to start but definitely still in shorts and tee weather for a while yet.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Can you not just repurpose a bottle cage bolt?

Far too small.

straas

Matt
I've just switched from this:
upload_2018-8-29_13-30-59.png

To this
upload_2018-8-29_13-30-24.png

And now my whole drivechain is black! I really liked the wax lube but I've been told that wet lube is better?

Quite tempted to make the switch back to be honest.

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-29_13-29-31.png
    upload_2018-8-29_13-29-31.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 26

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Nice mid-day ride in after a morning meeting, but this chump nearly had me off/gave me a fright.

Deeply unimpressed with the deliberate buzz-pass. I have reported it to the police & uploaded the footage.

EA67.jpg

rivers

How far can I go?
First commute in after my holiday, and it was a chilly one. I probably should have put my liners under my gloves this morning. But it was a glorious morning.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
10° when I left home this morning. Meant the windcheaters was bought into action for the first part of the commute until I warmed up a little.
Lovely ride in though. Making the most of the last few days of the school holidays before all hell breaks loose next week and it's back to school run carnage.

Top Bottom