Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Last week was a bit nippy, so I put I was wearing arm warmers and long finger gloves on the way in every day. Today I put on a long sleeve jersey and I was way way way too hot.

I left a bit later than usual though, so the roads were relatively quiet, although a couple of complete tools ran red lights, but nothing new there.

si_c

Guru
Absolutely flew home tonight with a 25mph tailwind, averaged just over 22mph, not looking forward to the morning commute.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
For a variety of reasons, my first commute for a couple of weeks Now properly dark for almost all of the journey, with the early shards of dawn only appearing a couple of miles from work.
I just hope the wind stays in the same direction and strength for the journey home. At times it made for hard work and some reward would be pleasant.

si_c

Guru
Definitely a bit blustery this morning, but not as bad as I was anticipating. Traffic gave me a wide berth, which was appreciated, in fact I think the only muppet on the road was probably me!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Phew, as others said, a bit bluster out there this morning. The weather gods decided to throw in a little drizzle too but nothing to write home about.
It's going to make for a real old tough commute home later today if the wind doesn't abate.

Mrklaw

really warm this week - can't seem to make its mind up. 6c last week in the mornings, almost 20c this morning!

Not looking forward to later in the week - rainy but still really warm.

13 rider

Guru
Tough work coming home tonight mainly a blustery headwind managed to just top 12 mph and Tomorrow looks to be the same so easy ride in to look forward to

si_c

Guru
Comfortable ride home tonight except for poor choice of clothing. Wore a long sleeved Jersey and it was properly overkill.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
A change in wind direction meant hard work most of the way home, topped off with a horribly close pass a couple of miles from home. I'll see how Cheshire police respond, but if they take no action (again!), I can see a letter to the Chief Constable in prospect.

si_c

Guru
Really hard ride in this morning, was struggling to hit my usual easy cruising speed in large sections with that headwind, just brutal.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Really hard ride in this morning, was struggling to hit my usual easy cruising speed in large sections with that headwind, just brutal.

T'other way round for me Si.
Nice push on the back on the way in, which mean cycling through treacle on the way back... just like last night, boy that was hard work.

si_c

Guru
T'other way round for me Si.
Nice push on the back on the way in, which mean cycling through treacle on the way back... just like last night, boy that was hard work.

It's looking like a 22mph cross-tail wind for me on the way home tonight, trying to decide whether to go the longer way, which means 5 miles straight into the wind, followed by 15 blissful flat miles with a block tailwind, or just the usual quick way home.

Top Bottom