Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sixmile

Veteran
I didn't enjoy this morning at all. Very low sun for parts and I never feel at ease with any pass when riding into it. I'd rather have no sun than low sun.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I didn't enjoy this morning at all. Very low sun for parts and I never feel at ease with any pass when riding into it. I'd rather have no sun than low sun.

Low sun was the cause/blame for my worst cycle commute accident. The mini van driver claimed he just did not see me until it was too late because of the sun. I ended up near enough going through his windscreen and sitting in the passenger seat. Fair play to the guy he admitted 100% responsibility and did all the right things to make things right afterwards.

T675Rich

Ride home last night and a much faster cyclist overtook me on the hill and shouted, "you can see that jacket from miles away" I guess it is a bit bright:

full?d=1541687194.jpg

Ride in this morning and a taxi decided to move into my lane as we approached a queue of traffic when there wasn't room so just slowly moved across while going the same speed as me and ended up smack bang in the middle of both lanes...I don't know if he expected me to slow down to let him in..

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia

Chap in the silver Volkswagen decides to fleg me with his horn - funny stuff, chaps! Doesn't take long to catch up with him... and then he brake-checks me because he's grade-A knobber.

Let's not even start on the Fiesta that couldn't judge bike speed...

The Fiesta driver just wanted to get past, bless him.

The VW driver was perhaps tooting in righteous indignation at the failure of the cyclists to stay behind their own little painted line out of his clearly more important way. The brake check is of course, utterly inexcusable as a response to your friendly greetings.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Route 55 on my way to work this morning and then the short but horrible road section into Bolton which I normally ride down the centre line due to gutter huggers in the gridlock ! For some reason today, a truck driver was shaking his head at this manoeuvre which is in my mind the safest space and not crossing the white line so I just carried on leaving the gridlockers behind ! Must note it was a cockwomble day today but with Route 55 to look forward too,who cares !!
DSCN3000.JPG
DSCN3001.JPG

si_c

Guru
Commute home yesterday was a bit fraught, derailleur was skipping side to side and the chain was skating over the top of the sprockets as well. Pretty grim really, but a bit of a fettle and it's been perfect this morning.

Headwind was a bugger though today, but the wind will be staying in the same direction and picking up for this afternoon, so should be a quick run home again!!

Second puncture in as many days. Bad luck or coincidence? The mysterious workings of the puncture fairy!

Switched front over marathon winter on Wednesday whilst I was in the garage. Second puncture was discovered at the bike rack last night. Saying goodbye to the easy running tubeless Scwable G Ones is hard, but icey AMs are just around the corner now. Clunky and heavy tyres it is until the spring!

icowden

Veteran
Nice commute today. Always amuses me at Blackfriars when the frankly non-observent full on MAMILs pull in front of the line on the cycle box, oblivious to the fact they can no longer see the little cycle traffic light at the left side of the road, with the result that everyone behind them disappears straight through them when the cycle light hits green and the main traffic light is still red.

Why can't people understand road markings?

Top Bottom