Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Veteran
Slightly off topic, but why do you imagine for an instant that this will change? It'll just be quieter!
:biggrin:

Because unless they programme the AI to also be an peanut, they should overtake in a sensible manner. Plus there should be more room for cycle lanes as AI cars can interact with AI lights and reduce queues. Less vehicles on road, no need for parking spaces etc.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
It's raining, it must be nearly time to go home. :rain:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
splashed2.jpg

A trifle damp.

icowden

Veteran
Nice weather dahn sarf today. had a brief argument on Blackfriars with a car that got stuck on the yellow hatch and then thought I should move out of the designated waiting area for cyclists to accommodate his incompetence.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Lovely start to the day along the guided busway in the shape of a Barn Owl flying level with me before going off on its merry way to eat something ! I have never seen one in the wild so life is good.

Last edited:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Winter weather has returned. The first 12 miles had frozen cars, the first 6 miles of which were in dense fog. The rest of the journey was just cold and damp with my toes gradually getting colder.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I hate to say it after getting a bit of a downer on the commutes recently but last nights trip in to work and back for the night shift was AWESOME! It felt fairly fast without trying, conditions were good (even this mornings icy works car park was risky but in a good & exciting kind of way) and the drivers actually managed not to be complete a'holes and settled for just being mildly inconsiderate rather than trying to kill me!

Last night tonight so biking it again in the hope that the good vibe continues...….

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
A spectacular dawn lighting up the sky and a truly beautiful near - conjunction of a very thin crescent moon and the planet Venus this morning.

[as an aside googling "Moon venus conjunction" disappointingly gets lots of astrological bullocks attempting to scam naifs. The Jodrell bank website gave me some confirmation of my amateur astral body identification. http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/astronomy/nightsky/#planets ]

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
One of the fellow cyclists arrive at the bike shed as I was leaving this morning talking about the visibility and brightness of Venus. I was going to crack a joke about him talking out Uranus but he is quite senior to me so I thought better of it..... :whistle: :laugh:

Top Bottom