Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nearly got done in last night:

Excellent driving all round. Twunt calmly drove off.

That was nasty.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
On my way home last night I lost the rag a bit. There's an up and over a humpback bridge approaching a roundabout, where I'm always slow on the way up, but tend to surprise the stupid drivers who don't understand that things are faster going down. Some guy crowded me all the way to the RAB, then backed off, which was mostly fine, bit irritating, whatever, then he got past me after the RAB, to join the 20 car queue for the next lights. I sailed past up the outside, glanced at him on the way past (which was obviously my mistake), and settled in in the ASZ. Next thing I know I've been pushed from behind - this bellend has driven up the outside of a long queue of cars, pushed in at the front and deliberately hit me.

I lost my temper a touch, got off the bike, picked it up, and smashed his windscreen with it.

Two guys got out, started the old I'm going to knock you out thing, said he never touched me - I kept saying let's call the police, get it all cleared up, but they wouldn't give me the time to look for my phone, and refused to call them on theirs, they eventually dragged my bike away from me and stomped all over the front wheel, then got back in the car and drove off.

That'll be 3 wheels I've had to buy for that bike in the last two months or so. I think it's cursed.

dhd.evans

Veteran
On my way home last night I lost the rag a bit. There's an up and over a humpback bridge approaching a roundabout, where I'm always slow on the way up, but tend to surprise the stupid drivers who don't understand that things are faster going down. Some guy crowded me all the way to the RAB, then backed off, which was mostly fine, bit irritating, whatever, then he got past me after the RAB, to join the 20 car queue for the next lights. I sailed past up the outside, glanced at him on the way past (which was obviously my mistake), and settled in in the ASZ. Next thing I know I've been pushed from behind - this bellend has driven up the outside of a long queue of cars, pushed in at the front and deliberately hit me.

I lost my temper a touch, got off the bike, picked it up, and smashed his windscreen with it.

Two guys got out, started the old I'm going to knock you out thing, said he never touched me - I kept saying let's call the police, get it all cleared up, but they wouldn't give me the time to look for my phone, and refused to call them on theirs, they eventually dragged my bike away from me and stomped all over the front wheel, then got back in the car and drove off.

That'll be 3 wheels I've had to buy for that bike in the last two months or so. I think it's cursed.

Odd flex but ok.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Very unpleasant ride in this morning. Heavy rain and wind in my face for every mile. :sad:

Got hit on the commute home yesterday, by a skid mark driver attempting a close pass between me and an oncoming lorry. Cycling 60/70cm from the edge of the road, my hip/thigh were first hit by the car's wing mirror, followed immediately by the handlebar as the driver cut further across me. Luckily spidey senses went into overdrive for a second or two just before it happened and I just about avoided hitting the kerb and possibly falling back on to the road into other traffic. The sh1te didn't even stop, even though it must have been obvious to the driver from the noise of two bangs of the mirror, that some form of collision had taken place.
Albeit foggy and 4pm, viz was 60m/70m, hi viz rain jacket, lights on and usual reflectors on bike and clothing, so SMIDSY not an excuse.
I looked in some car parks in the next village in the hope rather than expectation, that the driver might have stopped in one of them, but no luck.
Reported it to Cheshire Police last night, but its looking like I have to pay £4 to trace the driver's insurance company to report them.
Bad. Paying the£4 might help this killer get caught before he/she does worse? Hope you and your bike are okay

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia

Bandit country!

13 rider

Guru
Very unpleasant ride in this morning. Heavy rain and wind in my face for every mile. :sad:

Got hit on the commute home yesterday, by a skid mark driver attempting a close pass between me and an oncoming lorry. Cycling 60/70cm from the edge of the road, my hip/thigh were first hit by the car's wing mirror, followed immediately by the handlebar as the driver cut further across me. Luckily spidey senses went into overdrive for a second or two just before it happened and I just about avoided hitting the kerb and possibly falling back on to the road into other traffic. The sh1te didn't even stop, even though it must have been obvious to the driver from the noise of two bangs of the mirror, that some form of collision had taken place.
Albeit foggy and 4pm, viz was 60m/70m, hi viz rain jacket, lights on and usual reflectors on bike and clothing, so SMIDSY not an excuse.
I looked in some car parks in the next village in the hope rather than expectation, that the driver might have stopped in one of them, but no luck.
Reported it to Cheshire Police last night, but its looking like I have to pay £4 to trace the driver's insurance company to report them.
Glad your ok could have been really nasty

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Bad. Paying the£4 might help this killer get caught before he/she does worse? Hope you and your bike are okay

Thanks. Other than a slightly sore thigh, we are both OK.Luckily on the hoods so hand/arm out of harm. A bit more nervous when this evening other drivers were heard behind hammering along the same road, as I have a couple of close calls on it which Cheshire police have dealt with, but otherwise :thumbsup:. I'll not post images of the incident to save prejudicing anything.
Cheshire Police have acted quickly and were in touch before noon today for some further information as they have said they are treating it as a fail to stop pedal cycle collision.
In the meantime I have drafted an email to the drivers insurers which will go tomorrow morning, asking if the incident has been reported to them and requesting reimbursement of the £4 it has cost me to trace the insurer as the insured didn't stop.

Top Bottom