Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
Right all I can smell is weed when I cycle through Tunbridge Wells, some is 100% coming from cars.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Yesterdays home commute can be summed up with the word, thorns :tongue: . Tyres are actually quite slashed in places. Will get the super glue out to fill the holes to see me through till holidays.

KneesUp

Guru
Yesterdays home commute can be summed up with the word, thorns :tongue: . Tyres are actually quite slashed in places. Will get the super glue out to fill the holes to see me through till holidays.
Does that work - never heard of it before but it sounds like a good idea.

Sixmile

Veteran
A pretty damp start this morning but pleasant enough. I'd over layered with a base, thermal long sleeve and a waterproof jacket. By the time I got to work I was roasting! I may have to just drop to two layers for December as my new thermal jersey is so toasty.

Serious amount of drivers on their phones this morning too.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Late start yesterday due to sprogs being unwell - got to take off in the light of day!

Then met this numpty 2 minutes into my ride:

Sixmile

Veteran
I got the kids into the car and when we were driving towards school I seen the bus to Belfast pass in the opposite direction. A few minutes later I was standing in the playground, waiting for the doors of the classes to open. Soon enough they did, I walked back up to the car, drove a bit then stopped to get a couple of headlight bulbs. Back in the car and I was off a few miles further up the road to where I park up and lift the bike off the roof. I geared up, removed roof rack, locked the car, turned on Strava and set off cycling the remaining 7 miles to work. About 3 miles further up the road I overtake that very bus I seen earlier! It comes down the route I use. It never past me again so I know I beat it into the city centre by a long stretch.

rivers

How far can I go?
Chilly ride in, but fairly pleasant. New bike handles really well, and I'm enjoying the hydraulic discs. A it slower than normal, but I've been on the summer bike up until now. Speed-wise, I think it compares with last year's coldest days.

Top Bottom