Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

straas

Matt
Nearly took a young cat out on the fallowfield loop, it was in the undergrowth and darted out when it heard me - then froze before running off.

Would have to be the point where I had my hand off the front brake...

poor thing looked terrified.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Last night I left work late-ish and as I headed out of the service road, a young woman in a Clio turned into the road entirely on my side of it. She cut the corner off as much as is possible and only just got over out of my way.

I turned back to get her registration (without intending to speak to her) & she wound down her window. She asked if I hadn't seen her waving "sorry".. I said that I was not looking at her hands but trying to avoid the front of her car.

She seemed to think that waving sorry made it all better but I said I wanted her to learn from it and not do it again, which she agreed with. Try saying "sorry" to the coroner ?!

I haven't reported this because I think it should be a case of lesson learnt but it did give me a bit of a fright as I left work.

Sixmile

Veteran
First 'full' commute for me this year (i.e. leaving from my house to work) and I'm just going to make the most of it. I got a new job on Monday (within same organisation but different duties) and know that I'm not going to be able to cycle commute as much as I have with my current post. I may have to go from 4-5 days commuting and no weekend riding to 1-2 commutes and one bigger weekend ride. On the flip side, the office I'll be based in mostly is 5 miles further away from my current city centre base but can be accessed the whole length on the best greenway in Belfast.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Fresh crisp trip into work this morning was nice but the ride was slightly marred by a taxi that pulled a u-turn right in front of me. He had no excuse because it was an otherwise clear road free of traffic or parked cars. He got a very, very stern headshake and glare from me!
Ride home in the mist was mild and misty, very atmospheric.

Looking forward to tomorrow now :hyper:

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Man down this morning outside the Railway pub in West Wickham, at the traffic calming bit. I was heading the other way and didn't see what happened, just him lying on the floor (conscious but in pain) with four or so people around him, and some big SUV-thing at a weird traffic-blocking angle.

Hope he's OK.

3 diabolical overtakes... by the same twat in a 5-series. I should have just hung back after the second attempt on my life but progress was slow. I'm going to have to get some basic editing software to upload this footage.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
3 diabolical overtakes... by the same twat in a 5-series. I should have just hung back after the second attempt on my life but progress was slow. I'm going to have to get some basic editing software to upload this footage.

:angry:

I have had some success using OpenShot video editor recently, after Windows Movie Maker is no more.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

I use Filmora Wondershare. Free and really easy to cut clips down for (say) reporting to the police.

dhd.evans

Veteran
I fell off on Friday night. Tyres have been twitchy for about 10 days, put off swapping them.

Coming off a roundabout into adverse camber and just decked it. Bike tape is a bit dinged, my jacket and trousers got a little torn (now sewn up) and i have roadrash and dented pride.

Worst part was the beer in my bag split open :sad:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I fell off on Friday night. Tyres have been twitchy for about 10 days, put off swapping them.

Coming off a roundabout into adverse camber and just decked it. Bike tape is a bit dinged, my jacket and trousers got a little torn (now sewn up) and i have roadrash and dented pride.

Worst part was the beer in my bag split open :sad:

Glad you're OK

Sorry to hear about the jacket

Even sorrier about the beer :eek:

Top Bottom