Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I hoped this bus driver would give way to me approaching from her right (with a car up my bum) but I expected her to simply pull out anyway. All that was missing was a two-fingered salute, I suppose it was otiose in any event as the driving was self-explanatory.

Wear hi-vis they said, be seen be safe they said..

busgit.jpg

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I hoped this bus driver would give way to me approaching from her right (with a car up my bum) but I expected her to simply pull out anyway. All that was missing was a two-fingered salute, I suppose it was otiose in any event as the driving was self-explanatory.

View attachment 447274
Finding some “ professional “ drivers are becoming the biggest law breakers on the road. I’ve even seen a bus run a red light when mine have gone full on green.
Fully agree on the hi-biz, it’s a big waste of space and just makes you an easier target to see or in your case, not to see

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Showery ride in and it is looking like a wet ride home too.
Why do people not check what the lights on their bike look like from the point of view of other road users? This morning I could see ahead of me what appeared to be a cyclist with their rear light on the seat post or seat. It was bright enough when visible, but seemed to have an irregular flash; several seconds of darkness followed by either a single "flash" or something which lasted a little longer, before disappearing again. As I drew level to overtake the rider, the reason for the irregular "flashes" became clear. There was a constant on seat post post light just below the saddle, but someone had thought it a good idea to fit a ass saver lower down the seat post. :banghead:

Reactions: C R

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Nice Birthday commute in on the old faithful Marin after giving the drive train an overhaul that has taken me ages for some stupid reason .

Anyway bike changed gear a lot smoother this morning so that's good

I suppose i ought to clean the rest of the bike now

Sixmile

Veteran
A few degrees colder this morning and I definitely felt it. Also, the conditions reminded me how much I dislike riding the roadbike through the city when it's cold, wet and slippery. I really need to get back on the hybrid.

Sixmile

Veteran

View attachment 447274

Is that a cycle lane around the roundabout? I've never seen a roundabout layout like that before.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Almost SMIDSY'd (rather coarse language, apologies!):

According to driver i am "hard to see" and she "heard me shouting" yet drove off. Luckily the twanger works across the road from me so she got a verbal grapeshot from me and i've given her a printed flyer with the link to the video.

The driver took umbrage with me letting her know her driving was less than acceptable and has filed a YouTube complaint!

Petty things...

mangid

Guru
Well that was a vile commute in this morning. Cold, ice cold rain, strong headwind and far too much school traffic.
Made for a real old drag of a commute

Rainy commute # 2 for the year.

It's mornings like that the make the good days so much easier.

40 minutes of sleet/hail/snow into a brisk NW up here in Cambridge ;-) Took 20 minutes to clean the bike

straas

Matt
No treatment of the "flagship" cycle lanes in manchester - saw two people hit the deck near the whitworth and have heard reports of numerous others.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Not quite as icy as we were led to believe

Although the fire station hill climb was very treacherous, so it was worth swapping the bikes over

I did my best time on this climb for a while, despite me being on a single-speed with huge studded tyres

Top Bottom