Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaijintendo

Veteran
I was sure I had brain freeze on the way home until I took my helmet off, and realised I had put it over my cap with the brim up, and fastened it painfully to my head.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Not too bad at -2°C at 6am, but I really should have gone with thernals under the Ronhillls. Yesterday's wind & sun had dried the roads so no ice and very little wind meant that the Voodoo wasn't really needed, but it enabled a little bit of off roading on the way home for fun.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've not done my 12.5 mile commute for the last few weeks, due to stuff going on.
I was due to ride in last Thursday, but the midnightish temperature was reckoned to be - 2 to - 3, and my back lanes home would be a bit dodgy as they're never gritted..

DSC_0490.JPG

I rode through Brackmills industry today and saw this bit of encouragement on the cycle path.
Are there any others around?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I've not done my 12.5 mile commute for the last few weeks, due to stuff going on.
I was due to ride in last Thursday, but the midnightish temperature was reckoned to be - 2 to - 3, and my back lanes home would be a bit dodgy as they're never gritted..

View attachment 447861

I rode through Brackmills industry today and saw this bit of encouragement on the cycle path.
Are there any others around?

Not seen that or any others

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just ridden home from the night shift. That was hard. No energy, definitely running a set of Friday legs :surrender:

It doesn't happen very often so I shouldn't complain. Thankfully it's a nice dry, fresh day. Would have been utterly miserable in the rain.

Try again tonight.....

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Not a commute as such, but I had to ride to work this morning, on a day off, as Amazon delivered my item too soon. It wasn't due until the 25th.
The good thing was that I could reconnoitre the road closure I'll be coping with until September!

DSC_0490.JPG

At least there's pedestrian access.. Just.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Not a commute as such, but I had to ride to work this morning, on a day off, as Amazon delivered my item too soon. It wasn't due until the 25th.
The good thing was that I could reconnoitre the road closure I'll be coping with until September!

View attachment 448060

Looks perfectly rideable to me, just a little hop onto the raised platform and a jump off the other end. Can't see why they closed that.... :whistle:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

View attachment 448060

I just learned a new word....I had an obvious incling before googling it.:okay:

Top Bottom