Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Looks perfectly rideable to me, just a little hop onto the raised platform and a jump off the other end. Can't see why they closed that.... :whistle:
The raised platform is, I think, just to get the heavy machinery to the railway bridge 50 yards further up the lane. They're raising the span to accommodate electric cabling and stuff.

I'll have to use the mtb to jump both :becool:

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Not a commute as such, but I had to ride to work this morning, on a day off, as Amazon delivered my item too soon. It wasn't due until the 25th.
The good thing was that I could reconnoitre the road closure I'll be coping with until September!

View attachment 448060

At least there's pedestrian access.. Just.

Is that outside Weetabix @PeteXXX ?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
The raised platform is, I think, just to get the heavy machinery to the railway bridge 50 yards further up the lane. They're raising the span to accommodate electric cabling and stuff.

I'll have to use the mtb to jump both :becool:

They did that round this way. The road was completely closed for around 6 months as they raised a bridge, after the work was done the electrification got cancelled

Just ridden home from the night shift. That was hard. No energy, definitely running a set of Friday legs :surrender:

It doesn't happen very often so I shouldn't complain. Thankfully it's a nice dry, fresh day. Would have been utterly miserable in the rain.

Try again tonight.....
Cycling home from nights is either absolutely brilliant or completely exhausting, no middle ground at all. My favourite time is after a late turn, nobody around, nearly deserted streets, just lovely .

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Cycling home from nights is either absolutely brilliant or completely exhausting, no middle ground at all. My favourite time is after a late turn, nobody around, nearly deserted streets, just lovely .
What a difference a day makes! Absolutely flew home this morning, average speed 17mph. Not bad after a 12hr night.
Thankfully the bad mornings are exceedingly rare.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Weird weather this morning. I had hoped to see the blood moon, but that didn't work out. Awoke in the night to rain hammering down and expected a soaking on the ride in, but when I left home there was mist for the first 7 miles or so and it was a tad chilly.

Leaway2

Lycrist
I rode through Brackmills industry today and saw this bit of encouragement on the cycle path.
Are there any others around?
There is one on Oxford road, Manchester, it clocked 5000 per day on 12 days last year.
Cycle_Counter.jpg

Top Bottom