Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Wet coming in and Mary Poppins type trip home me thinks, as Erik has now arrived !

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
This is 100% me - I know I should stop yet here I am proving my damn point that I have right of way by being awkward.
This is always a dodgy mini roundabout, as the road emerging from the left is perceived to be the 'main road' by some of those on it, so a "why should I stop" mindset creeps in sometimes. Well, that's my interpretation from the number of people who don't bother to look properly.

dhd.evans

Veteran
This guy last night (language warning!):

Lighting in the vid isn't great but what happens is the sliding door on the big taxi is open and the passenger is swinging her fat legs out into the cycle lane to get out. Caught me unawares!

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Here's my other one from yesterday. Not only was it way too close to me, but notice how close he comes to hitting the oncoming car. Of course, the bus had to stop at the next stop, and I caught up with him.

I promise I'm not going to start posting videos every five minutes, but yesterday just seemed to be one of those days. To their credit, I've had an email reply to my complaint to Stagecoach already, admitting that the driving is substandard, and the driver will be spoken to, and they'll find the video useful in educating the driver. Normally their driving is very good around Exeter, and I know they take safety around cyclists seriously.

Almost knocked off by a car today, inches and a big swerve from me

That’s the nearest to an off in 60000 miles

Not bad!

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
A bit annoyed to find the rain had restarted on leaving work, but rewarded with this:
20190208_163338.jpg

Randombiker9

back on thursday.

Overtake too close (Also not the first thing that happened with bus) . (First mistake i'll post later. Dunno whether mine or drivers mistake or both or just hard to judge due to motorcyclist) . But . this overtake was way to close. Espeically as i was about to take up the lane due to parked cars ::/.
Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 10.15.57.png

Randombiker9

Don't be ashamed to do it - this level of numptiness requires highlighting. Sure, in a private vehicle your bad driving reflects badly on you but in your company automobile (or bus) your driving reflects badly on your company.
You know if you have a long video. You can just screen shot it. IF i don't have time to crop things out e.g address this is what i do. Which is why i post screen shots.

Passed this numpty on Thursday night. He wasn't the only one though, there was a car on the other side of the junction. I'm guessing that he turned right on to the busway and dissappeared. A following car blindly thought, 'oh look there's a junction', and turned left. The car only got a few metres though he got a few 100 :laugh:
FB_IMG_1549658755010.jpg

I was too lazy to take mt gloves off and lift my gilet, back pack, and jacket to get into my jersey and phone wallet. Someone done it for me though :laugh:

Top Bottom