Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What an unbelievably cold month, we are back to the -30's (not including wind chill).

If this keeps up I will have to invest in a cycle trainer and a zwift account.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Having never, save on ice, fallen off in 20 years of cycle commuting, I've written off a second pair of bib tights in a fortnight tonight.

Lost the front wheel on a sharp left hander I must have safely traversed literally thousands of times in all conditions.

I blame cycle chat - I'd resolved to put relatively more on the front brake after reading a thread here recommending it. I shall revert to my previous policy of keeping more on the rear until incipient skidding.

The bike's OK though, that's the main thing.

Now, where are the extra large wound dressings...

Randombiker9

Lol. Feb seems to be the time for rude drivers in my area lol.
Got the crap of you should be on the inside not the middle of the lane (when I was about to change lane). In the morning . I think I got this on my camera if I have I’ll post it on once I crop the rest of video out.

And then on way home the exact same car as a previous week said the same rude word from before which I won’t say becuse of the silly swear filter on here.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Spoke repair and wheel true was £17 at LBS; I pass the taxi rank on the way home so might have a gander, see if I can see the culprit for a quick "You owe me £20" chat.

Ride last night and this morning uneventful. That is, no one tried to purposefully kill me.

rivers

How far can I go?
8*, sunny, and dry when I left for work this morning, which meant legs out and my summer bike. Took the long route in today and it was speedier than it has been

Blimey it was cycling on a summer eve tonight

Still day light, light wind, dry and warm

Just wonderful
It was lovely and warm (compared to last week) at 0300hrs this morning. Somehow did my fastest time for years. I'm going to buy some Aftershokz bone consulting headphones this week as I've discovered The Infinite Monkey Cage on podcasts and I'm hooked.

bonker

Guru
First chance to ride in for over a week, deep joy. Got a puncture but successfully used the CO2 thingy and fixed it pretty damn quick despite beiong on the fixed with mudguards ( always a pain). I had another puncture quite recently on a commute so fear I may have a hidden flint in the tyre somewhere ( I can't feel it) may invest in another tube at lunchtime.

Top Bottom