Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Left home for work at 6am with clear skies, the temperature at sub zero and all the cars in my road covered in a thick layer of frost. Just over a mile up the road I turned into Gulpher Road and a thick bank of freezing mist/fog blanketing the fields, but as I got closer to Felixstowe, there were sudden patches of warm air so my glasses had to be pocketed as they kept misting up. For the rest of the ride I was constantly going from warm to cold spots depending on the shelter from the warm(er) air off the North Sea - to the extent that cars on one side of the road were covered in frost while on the other side of the road they were completely clear!

Then an afternoon ride home in glorious sunshine and light winds.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
51E32B16-90DF-4E4F-B419-83EDFF24F4B8.jpeg
This is where me and my bike live once I get to work

First commute using my bone conducting headphones. Liked them a lot for podcasts, music quality is so so but acceptable. Found it makes the ride go really quickly.

KneesUp

Guru
View attachment 452805 This is where me and my bike live once I get to work
The view from your chair is almost as good as mine! :smile:

I'm at work on my own today so the bike gets the luxury of living in the office too - it's in the way too much if there are other in.

EDIT - toaster on your desk though - I can only dream of such luxury! I have a heated coaster, but it would take a long time to make toast on it!

dhd.evans

Veteran
The black dog reared up over the weekend, first time in many years. Managed to ride in to work today and yesterday but my heart was not in it to go fast and hard. I am fascinated by how it managed to suck the pleasure out of things - no sadness, no joy, just emptiness.

Top Bottom