Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
So, 2 degrees for the ride in tomorrow, and 10 for the ride home.. clothing challenge !

What do you wear ?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My commute was t'other way round!
17c heading in at Sunday lunchtime, and 2c home just now.
Sweat there ~ shiver back :laugh:

DSC_0672.JPG

Half a mile from work, I get this obstacle course.
There is a way through, luckily, as it's a lot of miles (on not nice roads to ride) to be on the other side. I'm stuck with this until September!

Grievesy

Cold foggy morning on the way in at 6am today. Was so foggy that my front strobe light was just lighting up the fog whiter and making visibility worse. Cycling away minding my business when BAM. punched in the face (or so it felt) a bird flew into my face. The would be perpetrator was gone by the time I realized what happened and stopped to check on it for round 2. So carried on and got to work. the reception lass went white as a sheet when she seen me. Didn't realize it had happened as my face was quite cold but I'd cut my face and it would appear I had some DNA of the perp on me as well.

Unsure if it's a bad omen or a lucky charm? So far I'm going to go with the former over the latter.

straas

Matt
Legs pretty sore today - decided to run up the steep side of conwy mountain on saturday morning.

Found kit selection this morning very confusing - ended up swapping out long sleeved jersey for short, but keeping long sleeved base layer on.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
So, 2 degrees for the ride in tomorrow, and 10 for the ride home.. clothing challenge !

What do you wear ?
Sub zero at 6am this morning, so woolly gloves under mitts, s/s baselayer, l/s thin jersey, light thermal jacket with windproof front panels, buff & trousers. Going home it was up to around 13° so the buff, woolly gloves & baselayer were stuffed into the jacket pockets with the jacket only part zipped up.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
bbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bit nippy this morning. Neighbours were busy scrapping frost off their car windscreeens. Cracking sunrise though. Just managed to get to work with fingerless gloves.. though was a close call.

CycleCommute.CC

Stunning weather this week for commuting. Definitely chilly on the mornings so takes good planning to get the clothing right. Felt so good to get shorts on for the first time this year!

20190225_192522.jpg

https://cyclecommute.cc/2019/02/25/double-first/

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Not the usual response from someone asked to put the sodding phone away !

I see this queue of traffic from my office as I get ready to leave. The number fiddling away on their mobiles is about 10%. I have reported them in the past but this chap seemed to be contrite.

Perhaps I am going soft.

Nice detour home from Hillsborough to South Sheffield via Ladybower.

Obviously I didn't have Strava when I was doing that route more often and only had it when I was losing the cycling bug as I'm by no means fast but recorded 36 achievements over 24 miles. Even though the chain came off on the Surprise View climb.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I should be grateful that two thirds of our school run is on a very good local greenway. The other third passes through a local town that is well beyond the ability of my 9 year old to negotiate. It is a particularly bad piece of urban planning and infrastructure.

So we have a solution. My daughter sits on the back of the Big Dummy and we get through the rough stuff by towing her bike. Once on the greenway she can unclip her bike from mine, slot the wheel on and off we go in peace, all the way to school.

88188886-B750-4A60-8497-2099F9707DF4.jpeg
7AE3BC2C-E699-4EC5-B775-5063E7282A5A.jpeg
D84D815E-C5B5-4375-B5E0-9BB5D974B086.jpeg

si_c

Guru
Been using the MTB on the way into work this week - nobblies do make it harder, and given the mileage deficit I'm at currently for my years plan, anything to help keep the fitness up is a bonus.

Also used the bike for my meeting this afternoon - the main site is 7 miles from where I'm based, but there's a lovely bridle path between the two for about 4miles which I use. Given that today was like summer in many respects it was a great ride there and back.

I did get a bit pissed off though, there was one lycra clad gentleman who rode through 4 sets of red lights in front of me. I might have spoken unkindly towards him as I passed him going uphill, on an MTB, at 18mph, in a suit.

aferris2

Guru
Freehub started acting a bit too free on the commute in this morning. Assumed it was because of the cold (-1C). Got ready to ride home this afternoon and found I had no drive at all. Had to call out the cavalry and take the drive of shame home. First commute of the year missed.

Top Bottom