Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Looking at all the doom weather forecasts yesterday predicting moonson like conditions I was expecting this mornings commute to be akin to cycling in Hell. I must have been very lucky. Even though it rained over night and the roads were wet. The only rain I had was just a bit of drizzle for half an hour. Nothing to really moan about. I was talking to a fellow cycle commuter last night about today's predicted wet storms. He said he wasn't going to chance it and get the train. That thought really never enters my mind. I would rather be wet then get the train(s) to work.
However, the wind, it wasn't strong though it was very warm. weird.

So, scores on the doors.
Rainy commute # 27 for 2019
For the same period last year 33 rainy commutes.

clippetydoodah

Managed 90% of a commute on Monday. Trying out my new carbon wheels, which were great.

I had to take an alternative route as my usual way to work was stopped by a closed bridge, much to my surprise,
and disorientation. I Got near to work when my new tubular punctured on some gravel. Couldn't fix it so I did a walk
of shame to the office. Local Evans couldn't fix it. Had to get a lift home.

Abandoned the rest of this week due to being ill, and threats of electrocution.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yesterday ride in: got wet
Ride home: got wet
Todays ride in: got wet

There is a car and a motorbike on my driveway.. but it still doesn't occur to me to use them. if anything I'm sitting at my desk in work researching waterproofs. :smile:
Goretex here I come!

I find there's really no need for waterproofs for wet riding in the summer. You'll only boil in the bag and over heat. That's why lycra clothing is so good. It dries very quickly.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Managed 90% of a commute on Monday. Trying out my new carbon wheels, which were great.

I had to take an alternative route as my usual way to work was stopped by a closed bridge, much to my surprise,
and disorientation. I Got near to work when my new tubular punctured on some gravel. Couldn't fix it so I did a walk
of shame to the office. Local Evans couldn't fix it. Had to get a lift home.

Abandoned the rest of this week due to being ill, and threats of electrocution.
Commuting on carbon wheels and tubulars :wacko:
Regular sturdy wheels with clincher tyres/inner tubes you can fix yourself at the side of the road are what is required for commuting. You could have been back on your way in 10 minutes....

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Back on it after 2 weeks off. Only 6 miles ridden into work but one cockwomble in an Astra tried to overtake me in the face of oncoming traffic, and had to abort at last minute cutting in close behind me. I stuck out my arm to persuade him to desist.

Another close pass off a Nissan Micra driver too, not close enough to bother reporting really. But it is nevertheless good to cycle to work.

Top Bottom