Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Drove to work today :blush::blush::blush:

Still, it's the first time this month:whistle:
Due to that & being quicker to get changed (plus a lighter afternoon) I managed to snap a picture of a recently developed sunken manhole cover
This stretch of road was closed for 3 weeks in October, whilst drains were laid/'cut in' for the (work in progress) housing estate

The presumption is, that it's due to everything around there settling, or not being compacted correctly, as it was rebuilt

Thankfully, it's too far out for a cyciist, but a motorbiker may hit it, or a driver veer off-line to avoid it, & if a cyclists alongside too......

Reported via 'Fill That Hole'

Located approximately in the blue circle, but the photo no long holds true, the view's entirely changed

Perfect day for a cycle commute, sunny, mild and dry. It was also the first sunrise out on the bike in a while on account of leaving 1.5hrs later than usual, I'll have to wait another month and a bit before I get that again, still it felt great and spring is mostly certainly on it's way back to us. It was forecast to be breezy, but headwinds don't register when you ride electric, 100% solar powered of course :whistle: :sun::bicycle:

Loved every minute of it. Even the one numpty in a chelsea tractor who couldn't be bothered to look around their massive A-pillar couldn't upset me, the massive A-pillock. But that didn't stop me making a point of stopping at the junction and feigning ridicule to make them think about what a bad egg they were. Of course, I wouldn't expect any better from a moron driving something as impractical as that in a metropolis, but we can't let him think that can we.:becool:

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Bit chilly on today's commute. Bit of frost and mist here and there too, but soon cleared up to leave a quite nice sunny blue sky commute.
The whole of SE London seem to still be holidaying so I had nice and clear roads.

Spartak