Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rivers

How far can I go?
First day back at work after 2.5 weeks off. And it started off with the key to the shed snapping in the lock. It was a brand new lock because the same thing happened to the old lock on Saturday. Only this time I couldn't get the broken key out. Luckily (?) my nice summer bike is hung on the wall like artwork, so was able to ride that in today. Also luckily, all of my lights were inside the house and not on my winter bike in the shed. Too bad it's going to rain later.

Mike_P

Guru
Another half day in office, half day work at home. Despite Saturdays fettling with adding a washer behind the TSDZ2 motors main fixing nut it still creaks at times so a complete dissembly and reassembly looks necessary:sad: Replacement Halfords Backpack Indicator actually seems to work and was quite useful on the ride in for a right turn amiss a sea of potholes:okay:Pretty windy just now on the return but at least missed the yet to arrive predicted rain^_^

Sixmile

Veteran
First day back in almost 2 weeks. Due to a flat on the fat bike and the Alfine hub no longer engaging on my >1yo Boardman, I was on the road bike today. I did drive 12 of the 14 miles though as I was running late and the wind was howling. I knew though that there would be no spaces left in our work car park by the time I would arrive so I battled against time, wind and the urge to just drive the whole way to ride those last few miles.

I am now up to 9 miles for the year.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Only the 2nd commute of the year, and harder than it should have been. Looks like the ride home will be wet, so the first of what may be many of them in 2020 if the long range forecast is correct:rain:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Lovely ride home tonight and an impressive menacing sky as I got to the guided busway
2B805DAE-0DB3-4B30-89B1-E3CA16155F85.jpeg

Moodyman

Legendary Member
13c forecast tomorrow. That's April temperature! Not complaining like, but its playing havoc with my wardrobe routine.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Into Bristol this morning and through Eastville Park. Spotted the usual resident heron, but it was a real treat to see the Kingfisher too.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think he's still going round the M25 on some mad quest, but I'd like to know the final total as well.
Back from the mad M25 quest.
Since mycyclinglog went tits up I lost some interest in tagging, of which MCL was great for. I'll check tomorrow and post the state up. I do know however 2019 was the wettest commute year since I can remember

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I got 3 punctured tubes yesterday and today just on the rear wheel, and couldn't work out why. I eventually gave up on diagnosing the problem myself, and visited a bike shop near work during my lunch break just now.

I just found out 2 interesting things about my new road bike wheels:
  1. The mechanic told me that the punctures were caused by the rim tape (supplied with the wheel, and of the non-adhesive type) not completely covering one of the spoke holes. This was because the wheels are 24/18 (rear/front) spoke Bontrager wheels, and the rear spoke holes are all offset to one side of the wheel. This means that even if I tried to make the rim tape cover all the spoke holes, it might slide back to the centre position eventually anyway. So the mechanic installed new rim tape.
  2. He also mentioned that my cassette was wobbling (I'm kicking myself for not noticing this). This was because the cassette is a 10 speed and the wheel was built for 11 speed. So he put a wider spacer between the cassette and wheel. I was wondering why my gears were rattling a bit yesterday and today, and now I know why.
Oh well: we live and learn.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
OK
Back on the commute this morning for the first time in a week.
And the legs sure did feel it after Sunday and yesterdays mad quest of 202 miles ride around the outside of the M25
1578392675145.png

No rain..
But I have just totted up 2019's rainy stats.
2018 53 Rainy commutes
2019 60 Rainy commutes
2020 0 Rainy commutes

Top Bottom