Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
With the issues with my knee and then last week's infection in my arm, today was my first commute in over a month. Everything seemed to hold up well although the knee is in a brace. Absolutely knackered though and a few minutes slower than usual, still good to be back on the bike

Have the antibiotics worked? Looked very painful.

straas

Matt
over 20 minutes late to work today because I sat in bed listening to the rain when I woke up.

Didn't really fancy going outside...

Jenkins

Legendary Member
That annoying fine drizzle, blown on a strong, swirling breeze all the way in. Can we please just have one week of normal, calm weather?

Sixmile

Veteran
First cycle commute in 12 days :ohmy: almost ashamed to admit that! I drove the first 12 miles too and only managed 2.5 on the bike but yes, the weather has been foul. Come on March, give us something decent.

ren531

Über Member
On my way in to work today in Lancasters one way at a very busy junction in the dark me doing about 18mph ran right over a 2 inch dia branch about 4-5foot long and green with moss never saw it coming, luckily it was at 90degrees to my front wheel and i bounced over it staying upright, if it had been at any other angle i think it would have had me on the floor, so could have been a lot worse, just shows theres always some new hazard to look out for.

• Wow
Reactions: C R

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Lying in bed last night listening to the wind howling, woke up this morning to the rain hammering off the roof.

Another soaking commute.

Pi** off February, you terrible terrible month.

Also woke up to rain this morning but by the time I left for home it had stopped. Turned out to be a very pleasant commute. Cloudy now but sunshine is breaking through.

AndreaJ

Veteran
Lovely morning here in Shropshire, blue sky, sunshine and no wind. Unfortunately according to the weather forecast it’s not going to last long with sleet and hail by lunchtime.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I did a passable imitation of Bambi as I walked down to the shed to collect my bike this morning. The ice was a bit a of a surprise. I went straight past the shed and drove to work in the car.

I walked into the canteen to grab a coffee before changing out of my cycling gear and received a fair amount of congratulations for making it into work on my bike in such conditions.

Im trying to work out if I can sneak back to my car wearing my viz vest and day glo helmet at knocking off time. :smile:

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

straas

Matt
Nearly made it in to work today without getting wet, only for it to chuck it down for the last 1km.

My lower back is currently knackered, makes setting off from lights a very pedestrian experience.

C R

Guru
The forecast for this morning was cold, and possibly icy. Glorious sunshine when I set off, dry, no ice and for the first time in a couple of weeks no wind!

Of course, to level things, some impatient idiot tried to squeeze me out of the lane to join the queueing traffic five meters further down. A stern stare and some choice words changed his mind.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Gorgeous blue sky sunny, chilly morning. I was expecting plenty of frost and ice from last nights sleet and rain but it was dry roads all the way.

Perfect cycling weather this morning. Made for a very nice commute.

Top Bottom