Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
made the right choice last night to use the car , snow overnight left even the main roads covered in maybe an inch of snow that had been compacted by only a few vehicles at around 5 am when i came home

gzoom

Über Member
Absolutely beautiful commute to work today, but am glad I wasn't on the bike, though I did stop to admire the view. Blinding sun light, -5, partially frozen roads, some cars still driving aiming to hit the NSL on country roads.....I was happy to enjoy the view from warmth and comfort :laugh:.

50929068567_682cee9bb9_h.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Absolutely beautiful commute to work today, but am glad I wasn't on the bike, though I did stop to admire the view. Blinding sun light, -5, partially frozen roads, some cars still driving aiming to hit the NSL on country roads.....I was happy to enjoy the view from warmth and comfort :laugh:.

View attachment 573228
looks like my commute , country lanes but i was coming home at 5 am so still dark and no traffic to clear the road at that time

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
@palinurus I give up. I have spent ages trying to work out the location of the photo , which park are you crossing. I’m assuming it is in the Watford area.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Just a little pocket park really. With the worlds smallest sledging hill.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
"I was sober and could have walked a chalk line, but it was pleasanter to stagger"
View attachment 573352

The lightest dusting of snow last night. Just enough to make tracks on the quietest sections of the ride in.
Cassiobury Estate- shared path between Cassiobury Drive and Glen Way (sometimes I go that way, sometimes up through Nascot Wood)
Thanks when I was working my route was through the estate and across Cassiobury park , never knew that cut through existed .

This evening should be the last cold ride for a while :smile: Getting used to it now, just wearing a hat under my helmet which helps.

Thankfully Manchester has been spared from most of the snow so managed to cycle every day this week. Roads were not as damp as that cold spell in January so ice has not been too much of a problem.

Evenings are getting lighter now as well which is nice. Will be leaving work before sunset from next week.

Top Bottom