Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lovacott

Über Member
No snow or ice in my part of North Devon but the winds have been insane. I've missed a whole week for the first time in a year.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
With rain forecast as well. Guess who goes back to work on Monday having had this week on pre-planned leave.

Edited to add: I don't think the daytime temperatures will have totalled +10°C this week, even by Sunday

I'm not looking forward to the warmer weather quite so much now I've seen the rain forecast.

I'd got quite used to the colder weather, after a day or so of breeze and low humidity the roads were dry, no ice.

Tomorrow will be an orange chain day for sure.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
True to form, 10 miles of heavy rain on the way in to work. Most of the ice has gone, but still difficult to see in the conditions and enough to produce a couple of brown trouser moments.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Weather has been filthy, lunchtime chain-wiping a daily chore. However have avoided an absolute soaking so far (mild dampening, no wringing out of socks)

gzoom

Über Member
Amazing how something so small can make cause so much bother!! It just got through the canvas.

50953610222_3e36a1dc0d_c_d.jpg

50953609967_4146037d37_c_d.jpg

50952804578_62437aaa8d_c_d.jpg

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
So yesterday I was riding home and it was raining fairly heavily. As I left the industrial estate and headed through Leverstock Green there was a Mr Whippy van parked up with a fair queue of people outside. Saw a group leaving while eating ice creams (so if it was a front operation it was a good one).

Sort of wish I'd stopped for one.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
So yesterday I was riding home and it was raining fairly heavily. As I left the industrial estate and headed through Leverstock Green there was a Mr Whippy van parked up with a fair queue of people outside. Saw a group leaving while eating ice creams (so if it was a front operation it was a good one).

Sort of wish I'd stopped for one.

No pic but I wonder if I caught it on the Fly6? …

Here you go:
Whippy.png

Last edited:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Nice to ride in in short sleeves for a change, somehow got out of the house before 0525hrs so added an extra few miles on. Get the feeling homeward bound is going to be a tough headwind all the way. Ho hum, I need the exercise.

Top Bottom