Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Bit foggy.

The site cat was waiting to cross the entrance when I arrived (he lives down the road but he likes to prowl around the site)

Cat.jpg

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Raining, bah!

I realise I like riding fixed when it rains, like slowing down without bothering the brake pads. Unfortunately decided to leave it at home today.

Lovacott

Über Member
First commute this year without lights. Nice.
I'm still on lights when I leave for work at 5.45am but it's pretty much daylight by the time I arrive an hour later. Full daylight for the whole ride home though.

It's weird being able to see things which I couldn't see a few weeks ago. There's a fishing lake I ride past which I'd forgotten all about until I saw it again for the first time in four months.

Lovacott

Über Member
Love this time of year. Got my bike fixed at end of Feb (new mech, chain, disk brakes, cassette and chain ring) it's been riding like a dream since and been dry all week but cool enough not to get sweaty. Loved it.

Oh yes, the light as well is the icing on the cake.
The current conditions are really good. It's just cold enough to stop me sweating like a pig on the up hill stretches.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Well you could definitely tell some schools had gone back with the increased traffic. No real issues other than the odd idiot we are all hardened to. Return leg down the NCN55 was not as fun as it should be with lots of crap at the Bolton end and just generally busier than normal with a scattering of vacant dog walkers among the responsible ones. To brighten up the ride I stopped by a bench that has become a bit of a celebrity after someone “ Zapped” it with a sticker ! Look up the name and parish council if you missed the famous zoom meeting that made the news
😆
0EDA871E-4E92-452E-8B55-0ABF58E5B15B.jpeg

8E00AF7A-B888-4EFA-8EC9-D8735229066D.jpeg

BAD62DBA-1619-4464-A2AF-45D86ED01F9C.jpeg

rivers

How far can I go?
Lovely commute in this morning. Loads more traffic on the roads though- luckily my commute is mostly off-road. Sun was shining, light wind, what more can you ask for? It's likely it will be the only commute on the bike this week, looking at the weather tomorrow and Thursday :-/

Nearly got splatted this AM on a double mini roundabout when a motorist failed to give way to me, luckily I was cautious on the approach and had plenty of time to stop and yell obscenities. Just another reminder why I normally avoid that stupid road, but I had merrily passed my usual turning as I was daydreaming. Thankfully karma had my back this morning, the strong winds blew bins into the road, and the debris ripped the tw*ts exhaust off, he didn't stop, presumably as he didn't want to face me. :laugh:

I need to sort out my front facing camera, it was comedy gold, except for the irritating bit where he nearly had me off.

Top Bottom