Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You know that time when you meet another cyclist on your commute. Swap pleasantries and have a little natter whilst pretending not to commute race each other whilst trying not to bust a gut? That this morning. :sweat: ^_^

Nice 'non commuter race' ride in this morning with Mr Hi Viz Ridley guy.

On another note, traffic was horrendous this morning. Backed up for miles. I really can't remember last time I saw it so bad. A shame, as we had a stonking tailwind for the ride in.

It's now peeing doen with rain but managed to get to work dry.

Last edited:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
So glad I didn’t use the car today ( I like a Friday rest day) Gridlock like the good old pre-Lockdown days, lots of unhappy motorists sat going nowhere 😁

20210312_070746.jpg

Blowy today, but worth it...

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover

And yet some complain about cyclists riding on pavements 😡 They should all be fined for dangerous driving !

Solocle

Über Member
Not quite todays, but Monday.
I decide to mix it up a little, and use part of the waterside cycleway instead of my normal route, then cut across. Maybe a little quieter.
027A4204-C822-4E4D-96F5-A8211EBF226F.jpeg

I can't follow the cycleway all the way, because it becomes bumpy and muddy off roading. So I wait for a gap in the traffic, join the carriageway, and cross the roundabout to the services, where a short footpath connects to my usual route.
ADF595D0-B462-43A9-9E0F-EC3E84167D95.jpeg

Backfired massively, it was blocked, so I had to use the dual carriageway! :ohmy:
1615981054931.png

Vs my usual route^. As you can see, I was pretty well trapped if I wanted to get into work on time.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
One of those days!

Got to work to find out that the idiot workmen that are using the bike shed as a storage area have managed to break their key off in the lock so I couldn't put my bike in the shed. Fortunately I lock my bike to the railings (as per pic below - lock is kept at work), so I could still secure it outside.

Went to go home at the end of the shift and found a slightly soft front tyre - luckily it held up until I got home, but this will need to be looked at over the weekend as I couldn't see anything on a quick check when I got in.

And it rained all the way in and home - not heavy rain, just that fine annoying drizzle that doesn't show up on rain radar, but soaks through nonetheless.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
My commute is about 1.5 - 2 miles thsse dates depending on the route I take, the Pannonia was in full cargo mode today taking 5 boxed laptops, I could have unpacked them and fitted more on the bike but then I would have had the packaging at home to deal with.

Hardest thing was getting on and off the bike. Still got another 15 to transport up to the office.

IMG_20210322_131002.jpg

My commute is about 1.5 - 2 miles thsse dates depending on the route I take, the Pannonia was in full cargo mode today taking 5 boxed laptops, I could have unpacked them and fitted more on the bike but then I would have had the packaging at home to deal with.

Hardest thing was getting on and off the bike. Still got another 15 to transport up to the office.

View attachment 579946

A very nice bike there too.

Top Bottom