Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I think right now I'd settle for the weather on one of the more Northern commutes mentioned here! Toasty hot and very humid, add that to a headwind all the way home and it was a very sweaty pedal. Still, extended both ways makes a good start to the month.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Cycle to Work Day today apparently. I gave the Dawes Super Galaxy its first commute in and smashed about 80% of my Strava PBs.

Someone sat right on my back wheel for a good 4km this morning, which I don't really enjoy.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I don't even think one of those 'weird' banana cases would work either (nor would I be brave enough to have one of them in the 'office'. :giggle:

You're doing it all wrong Fossy
1659602723356.png

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Nice ride into work today, thanks to the cyclist who let me know the Old Gloucester Road was actually passable on foot. Water leak repairs carrying on apace!

Screenshot_20220804-093012.jpg

DVR00100_37778742_exported_11011.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You're doing it all wrong Fossy
View attachment 655673

No bendy bars on my 'commuter'. :laugh:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Unlike this - Llanerch Bridge over the Clywd - right pain in the butt this as it's a fair old detour on my training rides, not many bridges. It's been 'out' since Jan 21.

I thought, it will be passable after going through the road closed signs...erm no.

View attachment 655684

Needs a good run-up but that pesky Heras fencing will get in the way!

Put a "General Lee" horn on your orange bike and up up & away!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So much or cycle to work day. There were a total of five bikes in the cage at work today - mine, a colleague who does a couple of miles to & from the train station and three long term abandoned wrecks.

I didn't even know it was cycle to work day - just 3 other bikes in the bike compound, two of which I know haven't moved for a year ! No publicity at work, although they tend to do something around May/June.

Top Bottom