Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well that was a very hot and crispy commute home. Not the hottest I've cycled in but hot never the less.
I soaked my shorts, shirt and cap before leaving, they were dry from the heat within 5 minutes. Took it easy on the way taking the short route home.

It was much the same here although I didn't soak my shorts as jumping into the fountain would probably cause a bit of a stir...

And the air still smelled like cat food bag dust.

Dude, I've known clients snort pretty weird stuff, but none ever went that far...

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Felt great this morning, lovely ride in, very light traffic.

Inspired to a little detour home via the Cat & Fiddle tonight :okay:. Wonderful outing, nearly as quiet as lockdown. I love the heat despite my 90kgs, temperatures were fine as long as you didn't stop! 30 miles, 800m climbing on the way home.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Had an eventful ride in today, I decided to inspect a field on my way in, ended up coming a cropper because I failed to bunny hop onto the verge!

A bashed elbow and a little roadrash, bruised ego... oncoming car stopped in plenty of time, thankfully.

And then an extremely close pass from a BMW SUV to cap it off, leaving me three drivers to report in total for close passes!

DVR00811_exported_54854.jpg

DVR00811_exported_86119.jpg

DVR00817_exported_52385.jpg

DVR00836_exported_2702.jpg
At least the sun was shining & the countryside was beautiful. 17 miles covered.

karajorg3

I really don't.
Living in Athens where even when traffic light is green, a car will block your way ...
:sad:

• Sad
Reactions: C R
Pleasant commute in, I am starting t get the measure of Buckhurst Hill, hills now. Had a slightly amusing meeting with a guy on a Brompton about my age , I went passed him as he was going slow and he immediately upped his rate and caught me at the next lights, then I went away and he caught me at the next junction, and then the same with the next junction. Then we started the first hill into Buckhurst hill he tried to stay with me and then gave up when I got out of the saddle, good effort on his part though.
On the Canal path a big willow had come down but easy to get around it.
willow.PNG

You know that cycle commute to work were all the planets aligned, where each traffic light was green and the roads were clear. Giving you the fastest time you've had all year. Well that. :becool:

Only thing better is when you get a bus or Luton can you can draft behind and hammer along at a decent speed. My best ever 5.2mile commute was sub 17mins, Normally took me 19mins.

There was a set of traffic lights under a bridge where you had to be a bit ballsie and either brake last minute or keep going as the lights would change from red to green on a sensor. Was always a fun game. If you got it wrong then there would be car coming under the bridge in a few mins.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
First rain in over a month on this mornings commute. No heavy thankfully, more drizzle. Quite refreshing in this muggy heat.

So, rainy commute of the year # 17 for the year
Same period last year 26 rainy commutes.
It's looking like a dry year.

I got to Sandy on the train part of my commute, when the train started to slow down. The train is not supposed to stop there :scratch:They announced pretty quickly that the overhead lines had been pulled down 😮 It was another 15 or 20mins before they announced a what they were going to do about it. In between I had googled the office and it said it was a 30miles cycle. So when they announced that they were reversing back to St Neots I decided to make my own replacement bus service. I used the Garmin's navigation sat nav which I never realised although a great road route had calculated 36 miles :blush:Lol, I got about 2 or 3 miles down and there was a ping. I instantly knew it was a snapped spoke. Although the wheel stayed true a few weeks back my run in with a car's bumper must have stressed it.
Screenshot_20220726-200227_Strava.jpg

In the evening I took the kind offer of a lift to Royston station where I got a train to Cambridge and another through the Fens to Peterborough so my evening commute was less than 2 miles by bike. I'll have to Google how to get access to Fulcrum 7 spokes and use a spare wheel for my next commute if I don't manage over the weekend.

Top Bottom