Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Managed to dodge the rain today on both legs of the commute. But whilst riding down the river I had to ram the brakes on as this fell from the tree, it wasn't windy so who knows why.

IMG_20220822_164132.jpg

Managed to dodge the rain today on both legs of the commute. But whilst riding down the river I had to ram the brakes on as this fell from the tree, it wasn't windy so who knows why.

View attachment 658391

Have you been looking for business @classic33?

Important commute for me yesterday, it was the last time I had to carry my ruddy laptop. Around 3 months ago my boss ok'd it for IT to provide me ( and 2 co-workers) with a tower PC to have at work . The IT guy did not like this and has been a monumental pain in the arse about providing them, he only moved when I got a VP to kick his butt. ( NB everyone in the UK part of the company hates this guy he should have been fired years ago, never met a employee with a good word to say about him).
So I am really happy now, shed 5kg in a instant.
The promised shower is still far away, not in this years budget apparently.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
ITS RAINING (haven't noted proper rain on my commute since 4th May, 20th May 'light rain'- which I know is my code for barely any rain)

All the drains were backed up and my feet were wet within minutes. Fly6 made a strange sound when I plugged it in to charge, now drying it in a an incubator in the lab (along with my socks and towel).

Shoes are stuffed full of paper towel under my desk.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
The last couple of early shifts have been in the dark, leaving at 0530hrs. Quite nice riding in the dark, something peaceful about it. Bit of a change this morning though, leaving work at 0700hrs and I hadn't looked at the forecast:rain: Stair rods it was, and proper soaked within a couple of miles. Was very mild so actually enjoyed it, less so the visit from the P fairy but at least that occurred literally on my doorstep. Car tonight as my shoes are still soaked...

This mornings general feeling of everyone being in a good mood on the the canal path this morning was momentarily interrupted by a older gent insisting on walking in the middle of the canal path ( with his back to me) and refusing to budge despite bell ringing, a polite excuse me etc, so I squeezed past and got a lecture on pedestrians have priority over all other traffic . I knew it was a waste of time having a discussion so just shut up and pushed on.

This mornings general feeling of everyone being in a good mood on the the canal path this morning was momentarily interrupted by a older gent insisting on walking in the middle of the canal path ( with his back to me) and refusing to budge despite bell ringing, a polite excuse me etc, so I squeezed past and got a lecture on pedestrians have priority over all other traffic . I knew it was a waste of time having a discussion so just shut up and pushed on.

I generally agree with enthusiasm and add "have a nice day".

Top Bottom