Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I enjoyed the cold but sunny ride in this morning, ended up taking some inspiration from @fossyant and using the FLOOP then my mate was a bit late so I ended up meeting him down in Old Trafford before riding back up to the city centre, so an extra few KM in the legs this morning. Then I booked a meeting with one of my team at Rapha so I could have a nosey at some of the winter gear.

View attachment 661206

You'll need a bank loan for any clothing from Rapha. Decathlon is the place, and it's round the corner from you. Nippy on the Floop today.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
just phoned the shop about my wheel thats kaput regarding the replacement that i have been in twice to tell them to order, last time was 6 days ago....
no record of me telling them to order it so they have had it for a week and a half and done nothing, called head office to complain

simongt

Guru
Cycling to the shops and with a car approaching me, I was ready to slow or take necessary correcting action. Suddenly, the door of a car parked on my left and at the moment the other car was passing it, was flung open for therdriver to get out and the approaching car had to swerve away to avoid a clout and was heading straight for me - ! :eek: Fortunately, nothing undue happened as the approaching car driver was in good control and I had slowed down anyway, but just goes to show what unexpected things can happen, even on a quiet road - ! :ohmy:

fossyant

Barstid dog owners. Feckin dog got me. Me one side of floop track over 6 feet away from bloody spaniel on a lead.

It's getting a kicking tomorrow (the owner).

20220920_075720.jpg

fossyant

Dog owners are the main reason I avoid shared paths wherever I can. As with many things, with chances of any enforcement action being so low, people just don't learn.

I'm using shared paths to avoid the idiot car drivers in Manchester. I was going about 15 mph when the dog struck - it's a wide path that is a main cycle route - loads of bikes use it. I didn't really have chance to stop other than 'fecking hell' shouted out loud. At least two other cyclists near me and a couple of other dog walkers would have seen/heard it.

Top Bottom