Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A long one thanks to the train part! After a heavy weekend and bank holiday cycling wise I decided it was wise to make my commute an active recovery and at night I was glad I did. I probably got to the station about 15mins later than I would have and apparently folk had already been waiting for nearly 2 hours but at least that was 15mins less I'd have to wait :rolleyes: 2 hours later the trains were finally moving again. If there had been more daylight I would have cycled 55% of the way home by the time the trains started to move :thumbsdown: At least by the time they did most folk had gone and I got a seat on the train next to the bike rack :rolleyes::rolleyes:

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
I used a part of the a6 which I normally would avoid like the plague this morning, due to being a little late and not wanting to run the left hook gauntlet that is the cluster of primary schools off Plymouth Grove. All was fine except some lad decided to run across the road as the lights changed to green for me, luckily I clocked him just in time and so did the car to my right.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Took an alternative route home today as I was feeling under the weather and felt like the fresh air would help.

Headed down the Ashton canal to the old Stockport branch, then along the floop to reddish where I dropped into reddish vale, under the creepy rail tunnel and then home.

IMG_20220921_180039.jpg

simongt

Guru
Me one side of floop track over 6 feet away from bloody spaniel on a lead.
With the popularity of extending leads, it appears that most appear to be set on 'auto extend' i.e., the dog walks / runs away from the owner and the lead just pays out until it reaches it max, or the owner realises, or someone trips over the lead. :whistle:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
First night ride in a while after my school’s open evening. Left at 9pm with numerous colleagues shocked that I was cycling home in the dark and I was daring to ride along the very dark Roe Green Loop line 😁 Loved it !

View attachment 662365

View attachment 662366

I commute most of the year one way in the dark, on ealies im out of the door at 4,20 am and lates i can leave work after midnight .Half of my commute is on an unlit country lane dependant of the route i take and i nearly ran over a badger who was just standing in the middle of the road a few days ago

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I commute most of the year one way in the dark, on ealies im out of the door at 4,20 am and lates i can leave work after midnight .Half of my commute is on an unlit country lane dependant of the route i take and i nearly ran over a badger who was just standing in the middle of the road a few days ago

There is normally only one winner when you have a determined Badger 😁

Top Bottom