Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If I tried to bunny hop on my tourer it wouldn't end well.

it was downhill so i had inertia on my side :smile:

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Rain came down fairly consistently during the night, however, I delayed my departure for 20 mins and had a nice sry ride into the office today. Leg and Arm Warmers were needed though.

Roads where still pretty wet and I was pleased with the performance of the Fibrax pads I fitted at the weekend.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Good commute for me today even with the odd shower.
Helped a lad out on the Roe Green Loop line with a shiny new gravel bike who suffered a double puncture five miles from work. 15 minutes later and a couple of quick patches helped him on his way
Ride home was glorious with sunshine and a light breeze
048A3C8F-8C58-47F3-AE83-8BF9B144AFC2.jpeg

rivers

How far can I go?
Chilly start to the morning, actually put on tights and a long sleeve jersey today. But, it was dry so I took the summer road bike. Most of the summer actually saw me on my gravel bike for commuting and leisure, and I forgot how much fun my road bike can be. 4 minutes faster over 4.8 miles. It's nearly time to put the winter road wheels on the gravel bike- I'll have to see how those affect the commute.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wet under tyre this morning. Heavier weight top was put on, but I think I'll be moving to the bib shorts (currently using MTB shorts with in built cycling shorts) as I could feel the cool air on my lower back. The separate shorts and bibs give a bit more coverage ! Still staying in shorts for now though.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Popped a gilet on this morning and some full-finger gloves as it was showing 9 degrees outside... now it is going very grey, looking like my waterproof jacket will take the place of the gilet. I keep some waterproof overshoes at work for days like this.

Alex321

Veteran
Popped a gilet on this morning and some full-finger gloves as it was showing 9 degrees outside... now it is going very grey, looking like my waterproof jacket will take the place of the gilet. I keep some waterproof overshoes at work for days like this.

They go in my rucksack if it isn't raining in the morning but looks likely to later.

They go on my feet if it is cold enough, regardless of rain.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Definite change for the worst this morning - back into the Bikesters & a short sleeved baselayer under a summer weight long sleeve jersey. Lights will probably be needed for the first few miles either next week or the week after.

Top Bottom