Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Very close overtake by one of those massive range rovers into incoming traffic squeezing me into the kerb.Caught up with it at a mini roundabout so I shouted about how close it had been.Driver shouts back"do you want you're head knocking off ?".
I get onto the pavement,off the bike and wave and reply "come on then".driver sits there thinking about it so I ask again and he drives off.
Knuckle dragging numpty
Quoting myself :smile:
Chap i work with who has started cycling to work on reckons i must have cut the driver up , with that sort of reaction what hope do we have of getting through to the masses ?
On another note i got a slow puncture last night but managed to get home without changing it , patched the tube this morning and found a cut in the tyre so put a fresh tyre on too .The cut isnt a tyre killer so i glued it and will keep the tyre as a back up if i shred one and need to change it asap .

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Wow where did that wind come from. On the Brompton today and there where times I was having to pedal hard down hill. Fully in my face the whole way home.

BBC gave the commute 100% chance of a rain, which I a avoided untill 2 km out from home when the sky opened and I was pretty wet.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Guided busway was stunning this morning with the sunrise.

55B53A40-204C-4224-9DFD-4C2D8D313B4C.jpeg

E0B52D04-2984-4D5E-A7E2-D163654F5D04.jpeg

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
My youngest is at primary school now so when I am working my local office I can drop him off before riding up. The outdoor living Union is the ideal bike for the job as it is nice and quick to get going. We walk to school then I hop on the bike and ride off. Although he has been known to sit in the crate whilst I push the bike.

As much as I love my longer commute to Manchester, nothing beats this.

IMG_20221003_083909.jpg

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
My youngest is at primary school now so when I am working my local office I can drop him off before riding up. The outdoor living Union is the ideal bike for the job as it is nice and quick to get going. We walk to school then I hop on the bike and ride off. Although he has been known to sit in the crate whilst I push the bike.

As much as I love my longer commute to Manchester, nothing beats this.

View attachment 663342

Gorgeous bike !

MichaelO

Veteran
Looking forward to 5pm - I cycled into work in March, and the bike has remained here since - riding home tonight! Various excuses for months, if not years - used to cycle 3,000-4,000 miles commuting (6,000 total) 2014-2018 but totally fallen away since then. No more than 1,000 miles (including weekends) in the last few years. Determined to try & get it back on track!

Be interesting to see how much I ache after the 20 miles home....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Looking forward to 5pm - I cycled into work in March, and the bike has remained here since - riding home tonight! Various excuses for months, if not years - used to cycle 3,000-4,000 miles commuting (6,000 total) 2014-2018 but totally fallen away since then. No more than 1,000 miles (including weekends) in the last few years. Determined to try & get it back on track!

Be interesting to see how much I ache after the 20 miles home....

Good to hear you're back on the commute. It shouldn't take too long to get back into it.

Top Bottom