Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Moist but warm commute home this evening. Ended up extending the ride home through Worsley woods and onto the Bridgewater canal

3A14C27D-3181-4C93-9369-A3F2AAF2F48F.jpeg

F622E86A-52B9-493F-9096-E49C16066973.jpeg

B6C7C4EC-721A-4C44-9834-B3D04124FDEB.jpeg

They are the ultimate suicidal critter !

Exactly; don't talk to me about the dangers of commuting...

Really mild again on the commute. This morning was into a strong/ warm headwind and knee warmers and shorts were just about right for the bottom half but the choice of a soft shell was a bit too much. At night though I zipped the arms off the jacket and it was just about perfect. Whilst I felt a bit of a tailwind it didn't feel as solid as this morning's headwind. Mywindsock confirmed it, it was +10.6% of a weather impact in the morning but it was only -2.4% at night :rolleyes:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Very soggy this morning, but the prospect of getting stuck in traffic on a 'strike' day meant the 'bike' was the only option. Took it steady to avoid boiling, and still arrived in work within 45 minutes. Colleagues thought I was mad, but then there were tales of taking an hour and a half to get home last night, someone else's husband not getting home from London until gone 1am.

I did say I get into work in 45 minutes no matter what, and I can't get in quicker than that in the car.

Glad I didn't have to drive today as my daughter's Lecturer has decided it would take her (the lecturer) too long to get into work via the bus (the thought of getting an earlier bus hasn't entered her head). I would have had to give daughter a lift in but her lesson is on-line (daughter at same Uni I work at).

Last edited:

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Proper soggy one and the traffic was awful. I don't worry about getting wet so I wore my Gabba with armwarmers and bib shorts with a nice bright gilet. The last 10 mins the rain was about as bad as it gets but I stayed warm.

Took 1 hour door to door including getting the bike out and locking it up at work, about 10 mins longer than normal but still faster than any other mode.

fossyant

Proper soggy one and the traffic was awful. I don't worry about getting wet so I wore my Gabba with armwarmers and bib shorts with a nice bright gilet. The last 10 mins the rain was about as bad as it gets but I stayed warm.

Took 1 hour door to door including getting the bike out and locking it up at work, about 10 mins longer than normal but still faster than any other mode.

Can't say I noticed the traffic. The M60 was busy around Bredbury, but I cycled over it. Reddish looked OK - but I went through North Reddish Park. Slightly less folk on the Fallowfield Loop, and then Alex Road was OK as it usually is. Colleague just said it took her an hour from the near the Airport to end of Princess Parkway. :sad: A few others are quite late too, one has just rolled in at 9:40.

fossyant

Distinctly soggy in manchester today. Paused in the garage to wait for the worst of the sheeting down to abate and then road in the short way ~3miles (cf 6 for normal). Blocked drain covers on the Beenetwork cycle lanes meant several substantial puddles around, and we've barely entered leaf drop season. Could have been a lot wetter.

I was in the office when the rain came down heavy !

Top Bottom