Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Glad I have use of a laboratory permanently heated to 25C. The air con. unit in there throws out so much warm & dry air, I keep a coat rack next to it.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Well much better today back to bib shorts, as jersey and arm warmers.

Roads where much quieter than yesterday but some woefully bad driving.

My Super Galaxy hit 1000km on the clock ( in my ownership) on the way home today.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Lovely ride this morning.

Tree.jpg

Frosty Wide.jpg

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Yes indeed. I guess you're local?

[edit, could just have looked at your profile, of course...]

I am. Strava says I have ridden up it 674 times.:wacko: Definitely one of the nicer direct roads to commute to Macc on.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Well Saturday was OK, but with a dreadful forecast for this morning I thought I'd be in the car. But it was only misty rain when I got up, so I set off thinking it would be a dry-ish ride. 2 miles in the first clap of thunder and some lightening, then torrential rain. Despite having a decent drying room at work my boots were still wet through after my 12hr shift, so a dry ride home with wet feet. Still really mild though.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Ali Express - took two weeks (£20 each when you add VAT, no customs).

Newboler lights, where the LED is tucked in the top of the lamp, so it's mainly reflector. 1000 lumens max, but all on the road, and nothing above waist height. RockBros do similar.

It's the LIG520 at about £15, but then add on at checkout for VAT etc.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003745985767.html?pdp_npi=2@dis!GBP!£20.53!£10.47!!!!!@0b0a0ac216667746229168941e0565!12000028575287590!sh01&spm=a2g0o.store_pc_home.productList_6001924728423.pic_0

Thanks for mentioning this light, I ordered one on 27th October and it arrived yesterday. I had the version with two mounts, which cost £22.

Not had it out in the dark yet, that is for tomorrow, but the beam looks very good indeed and much brighter and a more directed beam than my old Moon Vortex. I hope the plastic clip on the bottom of the light, where it clips into the metal bar mount lasts OK.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thanks for mentioning this light, I ordered one on 27th October and it arrived yesterday. I had the version with two mounts, which cost £22.

Not had it out in the dark yet, that is for tomorrow, but the beam looks very good indeed and much brighter and a more directed beam than my old Moon Vortex. I hope the plastic clip on the bottom of the light, where it clips into the metal bar mount lasts OK.

So far so good with the mount, and I recon you could retrofit a hopt one mount if it ever broke. Looks strong enough ! Happy with the beam pattern and it really does not go above waist height of approaching walkers/cyclists. I just have to slow a little on a couple of unlit descents as the beam is on the ground, not lighting up the world ahead.

biking_fox

Guru
Well that was the first commute in the dark and I had forgotten how dark the country lanes were. My lights didn't seem to cut it tonight but I think I must've had their angles right last year as the same lights seemed better then.
I find the wet/dry makes a big difference to how effective my lights feel. Wet nights need a lot more lighting than dry, even with the same amount of cloud/moon cover.

Alex321

Veteran
Quite a pleasant ride in today, though more traffic than usual on the rural part of it, less than usual in the city. Very odd, half term is over, all the kids were out waiting for busses, so that doesn't explain the quiet city roads.

Moderate wind, not raining, but still several large puddles left over from the rain of the last few days.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Started off in temperatures of 12° degrees this morning but as soon as I left for the ride to work it decided to piss down with rain which bought the temps down a little. So on with the rain jacket. 10 minutes later it has stopped and out popped the sunshine. Off with the rain jacket.
Back to mild temps and dry for the rest of the commute.
Still in short sleeves and shorts. Bit mad for November.

Top Bottom