Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biking_fox

Guru
Got caught it last night's rain, gear still damp this morning, :sad: and puddle on the garage floor from drips off the bike!

This morning mild but heavy traffic getting in the way. Special no thanks to WVM 'driving' in the cycle lane so I had to pull out around them.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Got caught it last night's rain, gear still damp this morning, :sad: and puddle on the garage floor from drips off the bike!

This morning mild but heavy traffic getting in the way. Special no thanks to WVM 'driving' in the cycle lane so I had to pull out around them.

my bugbear is lorries parking overnight by pulling onto the shared cycle/path and blocking it completely forcing me into oncoming traffic, you would be surprised how many lorries are about at night on a dual carriageway.I have reported it a few times but " not my job" is pretty much the reply from all responsible parties.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Strange things you see on your daily cycle commute
A wandering Peruvian Pipe minstrel in SE London (I'm guessing Peruvian)
1710492924594.png

Apart from that jolly fellow. More then mild this morning. Back in shorts and short sleeve. Even the sun keeps popping out to say hello.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

I saw that, but I wouldn't have gone so close to the car - you could just see the driver had made a mistake, and would need to reverse out.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Last day at work before leave for the Big Tour starts, feeling quite emotional.

Made scones this morning with some nice double cream with a smidge of sugar and vanilla extract to bring in for colleagues, loaded into waterproof pannier. Needed to lube chain before setting off then again after riding wet roads all the way in.

Next commute not planned until September:becool:

The majority of my commute was in the dry and light for the first time in a while. Got to near to town in the morning and I felt moisture but it didn't really start until I was at the bottom of the steep hill to the office but even then it was light but I guessed heavier stuff was coming. I was right, thankfully it was just as I was under the office overhang near the bike cage. My morning ride to the station was in the light, my main AM commute and my main PM commute also. When I got off the train over an hour later it was pitch black but at least I missed a shower whilst in the carriage.

Hindsight Lol, after dark I entered a cul-de-sac which is open to bikes (connects a primary school to a secondary school via a modal filter, closed to motor traffic). The shared path comes out by the primary and in front of some driveways. They've been designed correct though, drivers have to drive parallel to the cycle path for a good distance then turn across it at a single point and 90deg. I saw a big estate car and slowed expecting the driver to speed out, it didnt. So we arrived at the crossover at the same time. The driver then paused, as they should but they suddenly started their turn, only then did they see me. If I had been going anything over 5mph she would have had a nasty dent in their car. I had only been placed parallel to them for 30-40secs with a bright flashin 500 lumens light which backs up a solid 800lumens one both of which have plenty of side spill and I aim the flashing one left to catch such drivers eyes. As I said its a good design and popular route but you can't design out stupid! :laugh:

Top Bottom