Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Cold commute into a cold headwind ... but must commute by bike ... although the car looked very enticing this morning

The cars been calling me all week, a strong bitter cold headwind every morning this week has meant hard, slow and cold rides to work,:sad: insanely busy at work has meant I've been knackered the past few days,:sad: but the rides home at night has been fast and fun,^_^ at one point on the way home one night I was spinning out on the fixed at 27 mph, and I've been seeing 25 mph regular on the way home.^_^

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Coming home, 3 things happened:

1. I passed someone in shorts on a full carbon road bike, for him to RLJ when I stopped. I then passed him again uphill and he wasn't happy; I'd got a full rucksack with lots of exam scripts!
2. Someone hanging out of a car (again, but this time not topless) in Belle Isle, Leeds as they passed me uphill. About 1/2 a mile further on when I caught up with them they'd got the window wound up and were pretending to hide :tongue:
3. A SMIDSY, passed me and then turned left before he'd got past = a yell from me.

apb

Veteran
Thought i'd take the SS in this morning without the mudguards, thinking it's going to stay fine. Hint of snow on the way in and is now raining. Wet bum on the way home my thinks. Never mind it's Friday. :cheers:

apb

Veteran
Really quiet on the roads this morning. Most people must be taking the long holiday. Makes the commute stress free.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So looking forward to tomorrows commute, especially the evening.
Cycling home in the daylight. :thumbsup:

Lights have been taken off my bike in readiness.
(yeah I know some peeps like their lights on their bikes all year round - I am not one of them)

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Another nice commute this morning: about 15°C with intermittent light rain :smile:. I gave the road bike a bit of a workout (and me, also) on the Easter long weekend by doing a 75km (and 1400m climbing) ride up the Dandenongs on Friday, then the same on Saturday.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
So looking forward to tomorrows commute, especially the evening.
Cycling home in the daylight. :thumbsup:

Lights have been taken off my bike in readiness.
(yeah I know some peeps like their lights on their bikes all year round - I am not one of them)

Mine have gone back on in readiness for the dark start in the morning.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Another nice commute this morning: about 15°C with intermittent light rain :smile:. I gave the road bike a bit of a workout (and me, also) on the Easter long weekend by doing a 75km (and 1400m climbing) ride up the Dandenongs on Friday, then the same on Saturday.

I know it is wrong, but I hate you :tongue:

Spartak