Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Nice 21 miles ride home, very sunny, quite warm (at least compared to what we have been getting.) Total of 54.6 miles commuted today, my best yet. Lots of people about on bikes.

jarlrmai

Veteran
bleh headwind meant 17 mph home was hard work.

thefollen

Veteran
The torch looks like a torch, the other thing on my helmet is a camera ;)

Looks pretty decent- not as conspicuous and blocky like a GoPro. Saying that, I do fancy purchasing a GP for cycling and other random stuff. Like taking Facebook dinner photos to the next level by filming the actual consumption from a head mount.

If I spot you again I'll say hello and/or ting the bell.

Great commute today and a sunny, bright ride home!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Looks pretty decent- not as conspicuous and blocky like a GoPro. Saying that, I do fancy purchasing a GP for cycling and other random stuff. Like taking Facebook dinner photos to the next level by filming the actual consumption from a head mount.

If I spot you again I'll say hello and/or ting the bell.
Got a GoPro on the bars. hidden, well as much as you can hide a gopro.

kedab

Veteran
last night, driving home, (the bike commute can wait until the weather improves/normalizes) i happened upon a ninja cyclist on an unlit country b road. could just about see the poor excuse of a rear light he had and had to strain to see his front light in my rear view...he was wearing jeans, a black jacket over a grey hoody, said hoody was up and completely blocking his peripheral vision. if i hadn't been so annoyed at him for being a such a frikin danger to himself, i may have stopped to give him a lift...the twunt :gun:

Had someone squeeze through a pinch point tonight far too fast, and... They had a bike in the boot! The mind boggles
Mtb, town or Road bike? Some of the first two categories have never been on road (trails or tracks) and their riders have no comprehension of what it is like on road :sad:

dodd82

Back into the swing of things this morning after a long weekend too much cheese & red wine.

It didn't feel much fun - one road in particular seemed full of idiots. Think there was a problem on the M25 that had caused lots of cars to divert.

My new camera didn't work either... no battery, having charged it last week. Hope there's nothing wrong with it, I have been looking forward to using it!

MichaelO

Veteran
Side wind from the right on the way in, which will mean a side wind from the left going home!

Got to work to find the boiler wasn’t working, so cold showers all round :cold:

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Last night had an unexpected deflation, luckily I was by a park, so walked over to a bench and sat in the sun changing my tube. Got home ok, inspected the deflated tube saw it was a rim side hole. So decided to change the old rim tape. Put the new tube back on, pumped it up, got up this morning tyre still up so all is good, leave home 100m down the road whoosh instant flat like yesterday night. Arrggghh, no time to mess about so grabbed the best bike, luckily it's got to stay dry today, on the plus side absolutely flew in this morning, despite some numpty driving in a van with a glass carrier on the side trying to take my bloody legs off!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
This morning was cold. this morning was windy. This morning was leg's couldn't be bothered to work too well. This morning was 'shut up leg's' day. This morning was couldn't be bothered with the normal route. This morning was a slow pootle through the parks route day.

Top Bottom