Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just a short ride for me this morning (4.25miles), it was beautifully sunny (albeit a bit chilly) and roads were quiet and I was tempted to go further but I woke a little hoarse this morning
falabella.jpg
(sorry bad joke :blush: ) and didnt want to stress it.

Davidsw8

Can I just ask that the roads in London always be like they were this morning? ^_^

There was plenty of traffic but not too much and the traffic (and peds) that were around seemed to be behaving themselves. Apart from 5 RLJ'ing cyclists on the CS7 outside Kennington Tube as I crossed the road, this was the perfect commute in ^_^

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
In on the roadie today after a few weeks out due to a tactical knee rest. Loved it. Nice fresh morning, bit windy but it could be a tail for the way home! Everyone well behaved, even around Vauxhall :-)
Fuji? Think I was with you for a bit. All in black on a black crosser

jarlrmai

Veteran
First commute today was great 19 mph average, I suspect a slight tailwind so will probably be harder on the way home.

Still bloody cold though.

GrasB

Veteran
A nice ride in to work, nothing of note except for it being surprisingly warm for -2.8... :scratch: ...

veloevol

Evo Lucas
Can I just ask that the roads in London always be like they were this morning? ^_^

There was plenty of traffic but not too much and the traffic (and peds) that were around seemed to be behaving themselves. Apart from 5 RLJ'ing cyclists on the CS7 outside Kennington Tube as I crossed the road, this was the perfect commute in ^_^

I had to work yesterday and that commute was even better than this mornings blissfully quiet roads.

D

Deleted member 1258

First time on the bike for four days, bitter cold morning, minus three when I got up and not much warmer when I went out, found out I'd still got that bitter head wind in my face, made for a cold hard commute. This evening was disappointing, I got a flat, the second one in about six weeks, normally I only get one or two a year with the racelites, the first one was on the back and looked like a tube failure, it split on the rim side, this one was on the front, rim side again, about half an inch from the valve, two small pin holes, I'm going to strip it out later and go round the spoke holes with a bit of emery, the other possibility is that it was damaged whilst in the saddlebag, I put it on in December after almost twelve months in the saddlebag, it was sharing the saddlebag with a tyre boot which had still got the wire beads in, so I suspect the tyre boot damaged the tube.

Fantastic commute home, almost brilliant weather, sunny not too cold, but still windy, but guided bus way is not flooded but lovely and dry.
So got home in 48 minutes! Left work at 5:07. got in about 5:55, brilliant. 15 miles at 18 mph average, got to love that, all that winter riding is paying off.
Best bit the bike is still immaculately clean after its 8 hour strip down and re build on Sunday. Heaven. I am in heaven

Just a short commute for me tonight despite it being a beautiful warm night and still is but as I said this morning I awoke feeling a little hoarse
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvAAD7PSS4qfn5nuLFKbA7zIeboFUPkbRNz7w--ohqj4axc10U.png
and didn't want to stress or spread things. I had planned on a short ride but then going on a new club ride but that'll have to be next Tuesday.

Top Bottom