Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leodis

Veteran
Nice ride in, personal best and a chat with a fellow cyclist. Downside fairweather cyclists are out in force, not seen so many bikes at work. The buggars have taken my space in shower room for me clothes!!! :boxing:

Davidsw8

Commute was ok again this morning, wasn't as nice and sunny as yesterday and I had a cabby (bane of my life lately!) completely block my exit out of a side road on to Pall Mall so I had to squeeze round the front of him and peer round for oncoming traffic. Very dangerous. And he made no effort to move or even apologise for causing an obstruction...

martinclive

Über Member
Crisp bright & clear run to work, pity I wasn't at least I didn't have to deal with school run traffic and the cough/head cold/sore throat waited til after Flanders.
Well done on Flanders - we were staying with friends in Brugge for the weekend and went to see the start of the race on Sunday (see new avatar from there) It was 'king freezing! all weekend - congrats!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Biting east wind. Ice on every shaded stretch of road. Snow flurries. Three pairs of gloves day.

Perfectly normal for April. :wacko:

Well done on Flanders - we were staying with friends in Brugge for the weekend and went to see the start of the race on Sunday (see new avatar from there) It was 'king freezing! all weekend - congrats!
Cheers. I just looked at the Garmin it was -2deg at the star and average of just 1.6deg C and when I cycle the 18miles to the start it was a min -5deg C and an average of -2.5deg C :cold:

kipster

Guru
Cold and windy this morning, some idiot car behind, wanting to get passed revving and weaving behind me, until he found a gap big enough to floor it. He did give plenty of room when he did overtake. Didn't see any other cyclists this morning, a change for the 2 or 3 I normally see. I'm sure there will be more on the way home when all the local kids come out on their bikes, creating moving chicanes for me :smile:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Clear day, not much in the rucksack = a quick commute?

No chance. The cassette on the 'spare' set of wheels on the Spesh Secteur was slipping, as I only replaced the cassette on the main wheels.

Oh, and a fairy visit from several pieces of glass showed that my pump's broken :cursing:

Cue a new 105 10-speed cassette ordered, plus a Lezyne Road Drive CFH pump.

D

Deleted member 1258

This morning I was cursing the cold and head wind, as I have been for weeks,and at the same time thinking its lovely to get the transmission on the fixed back to its normal silky smoothness, new chain and bigger chainring fitted last night, old chain a year and 3000 miles old. Tonight the wind was stronger and more blustery, I was feeling it from the side and back, the stronger side gusts were pushing the front of the bike around and shaking the handlebars, when it was a tail wind the combination of a bigger gear and the wind meant I missed my braking points a couple of times and at one point was still scrubbing speed off as I leant into the corner.

Just a short ride for me; I had planned to get home and get changed for a longer ride. Just yards from home though, I gave way at a busy Rbt. A classic sports car came round fast and indicating to leave the rbt but their wheels didnt say that, so I continued to give way, which is a good job because they didnt exit. Unfortunately the car behind me didn't giveway, they accelerated assuming Id go. When she got out and said she was so sorry, she saw me, I exploded; when I reduced her to tears I found myself apologising for my swearing :shy: To her credit there she said I had every right to swear. The rear wheel is goosed (at first inspection it looks to be the rim buckled) hopefully no more than that. I think I escaped with a bruised left buttock and I've ripped my Vuelta Espana back pack, its not like I can get one of them of the shelf tomorrow :sad:
My evening ride is cancelled now :sad:

Top Bottom