Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Could have died this morning it was a hard one- off the bike for a week with flu which according to my lungs I'm not 100% over, and battling for 12 miles into a 20 mph ice cold head wind.
All topped off by arriving at work and finding I took my towel home last time for a wash and didn't bring it back- there are now no hand towels left in that loo- sorry peeps!

GrasB

Veteran
Do you sleep on your bike?
It's about 2h 15 min/day on the bike. Which considering my commutes are in the 1h to 1h 45 min each way isn't massive amounts of extra miles. The thing is when you start getting truly fast you find that you go an awful long way given the amount of time you spend on the bike.

thefollen

Veteran
A good 6 weeks out of cycling hasn't done the speed any favours. Was overtaken by two cyclists today. Quads felt a little laboured and were whining a bit as I tackled the wind. Great to be back on two wheels though!

Whilst a 'majority-of-weather' cyclist, I'm dying for a lovely still, dry, warm day to head out minus backpack for a few laps of Richmond Park. Don't recall a perfect 'pleasure cycling' day (at the weekend) for a while-- anyone else feel as though we're owed one or two? Surely the accrued karma of all the cyclists commuting in our rubbish weather is enough for the planets to align...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Left late, gone 08:30. Wouldn't do that if the schools were in as I pass four en-route.

Flip, but I am coming to HATE that farking wind. Light snow the whole journey but amazingly quiet roads.

bonker

Guru
I'm really going to miss this weather. Those following easterlies on the way home are great, the schools are still off and the clocks have gone back. Heaven.

bonker

Guru
Doh..... clocks have gone forward.

jarlrmai

Veteran
It's about 2h 15 min/day on the bike. Which considering my commutes are in the 1h to 1h 45 min each way isn't massive amounts of extra miles. The thing is when you start getting truly fast you find that you go an awful long way given the amount of time you spend on the bike.

Out of curiosity what is your average speed over 2 hours 15m? I guess you have some nice long parts without stopping etc?

GrasB

Veteran
Out of curiosity what is your average speed over 2 hours 15m? I guess you have some nice long parts without stopping etc?
As of the end of today across all rides I've averaged 19.62mph.

On targeted training & recovery rides, which is about 90% of my riding by distance, I've averaged 21.7mph, on those rides. I've spent less than 30min stationary in over 165 hours of riding.

On other rides (cross-town errands from work, shopping, etc. I've averaged 10.4mph, around 20~25% of the time on those rides are spent stationary!

Reactions: 4F

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
As of the end of today across all rides I've averaged 19.62mph.

On targeted training & recovery rides, which is about 90% of my riding by distance, I've averaged 21.7mph, on those rides. I've spent less than 30min stationary in over 165 hours of riding.

On other rides (cross-town errands from work, shopping, etc. I've averaged 10.4mph, around 20~25% of the time on those rides are spent stationary!

You are right, I have biked 180 hours (moving time) this year for only just over 2,600 miles, my average speed is 14.64mph.

Quoted wrong post, was meant to quote your other one!

Top Bottom