Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Amazingly the lbs got the wheel moving and I was moving (cycling although uncomfortable is actually more comfortable than walking) so I managed a short slow tail wind assisted commute home.

Buzzinonbikes

Mtb, town or Road bike? Some of the first two categories have never been on road (trails or tracks) and their riders have no comprehension of what it is like on road :sad:

Wasn't too sure but thinking back I think a saw a flat handlebar so probably a mtb. Bloody mud pluggers ;)

boydj

Legendary Member
No frost this morning - first time for weeks, though the previous two days were as cold as any this year. Wind has been kinder this week, too. And no school traffic. Bliss............

D

Deleted member 1258

Saturday is looking nice for a ride, sunny and lighter winds.

Yes I've been looking at Saturday, I found out tonight our eldest lad has offered to treat his Mum to a day out, so once I've dropped her off at the station I will have a little bit of shopping to do and the rest of the day will be all mine.

Stan does that to me every morning! I came down Green end lane at 21.5 this morning and he just left me for dead (think he hit 28+!!)
Kids!

I need to up my game I think !!!

GrasB

Veteran
Stan does that to me every morning! I came down Green end lane at 21.5 this morning and he just left me for dead (think he hit 28+!!)
Kids!
Never had anyone do that to me... can't think why :laugh:
commute.png
Damn, I've just realised how badly paced today's commute was.

Attachments

• commute.png
    commute.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 62

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I'll be getting that mildly jet-lagged feeling next week, as Daylight Savings ends here in Melbourne, so we'll be back on GMT+10, and the afternoon sun will be lower in the sky on my rides home from work :sad:. Oh well, at least it's very colourful :smile:.

MisterStan

Label Required
Coming home last night was like cycling through treacle, took an elongated round the houses route home at someone else's request - bloody headwind for most of it.
Should really have had Friday legs today, but a KOM, 7 PRs and a 4th overall? Happy with that!

Reactions: 4F

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Had a flat tyre when I went to get the bike out this morning, I wonder if it was flat last night and I didn't notice it, hence the hard ride and not just the wind. Anyway fixed it and rode in, nice quiet ride apart from the numpty who decided to pull out on me as I was going by the junction, luckily my lightening reactions (or lack of pace!) got me out of the way. To be fair he was very apologetic.

Missus won't be happy when she gets up, I left the old inner tube on the living room floor in readiness for me to patch it tonight

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wasn't in the mood for nobbers this morning. Got pulled out on from a junction that is well known for this. Was in primary, very visible, but pulling out on a fixed wheel pedal bike spinning at 30 MPH isn't a great idea :evil: :whistle:

You got buzzed !! NOW do you see me ? ^_^

I ended up weaving left and right just off the rear window of the car, then proceded to match the car for speed over the next half mile (down hill) then passed and shouted 'look where you are ******* going ' - the young lad was a bit shocked ! :evil:

Next was a nobber on a bike riding down the wrong way down a one way road, he'd crossed from one pavement, down the middle of the road, going to the next pavement - but he didn't expect to see another pedal bike flying down the road - he was also told to get out of the way ! :eek:

Oh and to the blonde bint who was in the right hand lane to turn left, please use your indicators if you haven't a clue what you are doing with your Pug 206, I was nearly very intimate with your rear bumper ! :blush: (PS she was rather old !)

Top Bottom