Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Better ride today, just love the off road route to and from work along the NCN55

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Lovely ride in today, despite having to point out this pedestrian refuge to a driver trying to overtake me!

Eye testing needed.

rivers

How far can I go?
Lovely ride in this morning, railway path was fairly quiet, even for these times. I'm heading straight from work to a club TT, so i looked fairly out of place with tt bike,skinsuit, aero helmet, and backpack... oh well.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Looks like I missed Cycle to Work Day yet again as it was my rest day. I think 2018 was the only time I've not been on leave or rest day since it started in 2011.

Zanelad

Guru
I made it, but didn't realise it was Cycle to Work Day until later in the evening. Today was certainly not a cycle to work day. I took the car. Far to hot and uncomfortable for me to be on the bike.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Good news: Dry commute both ways today.

Bad news: Bike has been creaking for a while, got even worse tonight so had a look when I got home, cracked frame; just over 19,500 miles it has done.

Bad form replying to yourself, but picked up the replacement today. Diverge 2021 frame with the GRX groupset. though he binned the front 46 cog and put my old one on, he knows I don't do spinning. The rear has a cog on it the size of a dinner plate, don't think that will get used often.

Lovely frame, only downside is no mounts for mudguards, and since this is the commuting bike I think I'll have to go with clip ons.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Rode home last night, I was on a narrow lane with passing spaces when I saw a Transit-type van approaching... I prepared to brake & stop in a passing space but the van driver stopped, flashed me on and waited for me!

This morning, I waited at a T junction to turn right with a scaffolding truck behind me. The driver put me under no pressure to pull out until the road was clear, then followed me slowly uphill at a respectful distance, waiting to pass me safely when the road widened & was clear. Although he was "stuck behind me" for a whole minute.

Sometimes you need to have it on film to believe it yourself ! ^_^

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
A mixed bag riding home yesterday. A driver got way too close to me overtaking on a roundabout, and I rapped my knuckles on the rear pillar to stop him side-swiping me (that's how close he got).

He stopped up the road & my hopes for a civilised exchange were thwarted by his angry aggressive behaviour. Duly reported for careless driving and threatening behaviour. Man has issues...

The perfect antidote a couple of miles further on my ride home, though...

I stopped to let four cars come through a narrow road, they all waved thanks (which is rare) but it was especially lovely to have a wave from a Dad and his little girl smiling and waving like mad in the front seat ! ^_^:girl:

Last edited:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Mr Angrypants from Tuesday who didn't like me rapping lightly on the side of his car with my knuckles to stop him side-swiping me off the road, is being reported by the dashcam review ticket office, for driving w/o due care and public order offence of threatening behaviour.

Reading of a rider near Swindon who got beaten up badly by a Mercedes driver who close-passed him, where the rider appears to have merely raised a verbal objection or waved, perhaps I got off lightly!

Top Bottom