Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lovacott

Über Member
Was sweating like a fat lad in a sweetie shop this morning, opted for a long sleeve base layer ( thermal ) and my gabba style jacket. Far too warm, not cold enough yet :whistle:
It was 1c yesterday morning and It's the first day this year that I haven't arrived at work with a sweaty head.

I wore a rugby shirt and a pair of tracksuit bottoms.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I do run quite hot. As long as my feet and hands are warm enough , I’m usually good . However the new jacket Perfetto Jacket is a game changer for me . Only need one layer underneath. Even with a back pack I’m not that sweaty for the 16 mile commute

Lovacott

Über Member
I do run quite hot. As long as my feet and hands are warm enough , I’m usually good . However the new jacket Perfetto Jacket is a game changer for me . Only need one layer underneath. Even with a back pack I’m not that sweaty for the 16 mile commute
If you could post a link, it would be much appreciated.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Jeez! Was like the Wild West out there tonight. Multiple fast, close passes, the lockdown appears to have brought out the weekend boyracers in force? Also had to push my way through the queue of cars waiting to get into a McDonald's drive through and blocking the junction as a result. Must be the hi-light of some people's weekend queuing for a Maccy D's :wacko:
Had a strange incident when I passed a taxi/minibus unloading passengers. As I approached, the side door slid open and the occupants began disembarking into live traffic just in front of me. Luckily the following cars were far enough behind for me to take evasive action! The strange thing I realised as I passed them by was that they were getting out of the driver's side. I thought the side passenger doors on these type of vehicles was always on the nearside?

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
A mixed bag riding home yesterday. A driver got way too close to me overtaking on a roundabout, and I rapped my knuckles on the rear pillar to stop him side-swiping me (that's how close he got).

He stopped up the road & my hopes for a civilised exchange were thwarted by his angry aggressive behaviour. Duly reported for careless driving and threatening behaviour. Man has issues... View attachment 541210

The perfect antidote a couple of miles further on my ride home, though...

I stopped to let four cars come through a narrow road, they all waved thanks (which is rare) but it was especially lovely to have a wave from a Dad and his little girl smiling and waving like mad in the front seat ! ^_^:girl:

I've heard that this chap is going into the police station next month for an interview about his conduct.. fingers crossed.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I need to rant! Just realised it is a week since I posted this so maybe it is just Saturdays?I
Jeez! Was like the Wild West out there tonight. Multiple fast, close passes, the lockdown appears to have brought out the weekend boyracers in force? Also had to push my way through the queue of cars waiting to get into a McDonald's drive through and blocking the junction as a result. Must be the hi-light of some people's weekend queuing for a Maccy D's :wacko:

Another night commute with stupid, selfish, dangerous, unaware, incapable drivers doing idiotic things without thinking or caring about the consequences. Quite a few of them occurred within a short distance of leaving work and I suspect some of the drivers may have been 'colleagues' from my place of employment, rushing home at silly speeds after spewing out of the factory :sad:
It won't stop me cycle commuting but I do wonder why they just don't think or care?

Another thing that is real!y getting on my nerves at the moment is ninja cyclists! Not the hoody youths that ride along the pavements and hop in and out of traffic as they please, pulling wheelies and giving motorists the finger, but the regular commuters, riding along the roads early in the morning and late at night, in all weathers, sometimes wearing a hiviz vest or helmet, BUT WITH NO BLOOODY LIGHTS! Why, just WHY? It is proper dark now.

Apart from that, just loving my commute as usual. Hope I can maybe stay dry tomorrow......

Lovacott

Über Member
Another night commute with stupid, selfish, dangerous, unaware, incapable drivers doing idiotic things without thinking or caring about the consequences. Quite a few of them occurred within a short distance of leaving work..

People just leaving work are a nightmare. They are in such a rush to get out of the gate, they'll drive the first fifty yards with a misty window whilst checking their social media feeds, texting the missus and farting around with the entertainment system looking for a track to play.

I only have this for 200 yards until I turn off along a farm track but that 200 yards is pretty terrifying.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Odd behaviour from an HGV driver this morning. He/she started to overtake me way too close, before properly clearing a pedestrian refuge.

Only once the trailer was about halfway past me, the driver moved way out- almost fully out of our lane - before pulling in again about 50 yards ahead of me. It was like s/he was overtaking an imaginary cyclist 25 yards ahead of me.

I guess the HGV had dashcam & the driver wanted to try to make it look like s/he had done the right thing. My front & rear cameras show differently, of course., so I have reported it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Very odd weather out there this week.
Yesterday the forecast was for a mild day with no rain. It was bleedin cold and it rained.
Today was meant to be a cold start and warming up. It was a warm start (shorts and s/s shirt) and having just popped out its bleedin' ciold
:wacko:

Top Bottom