Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Accursed Alexa let me know todays weather, low of -5C high of -1C with potential snow in the afternoon.

With less than a 1km to go to work I get 3 weather alerts from my Garmin in a row,
1 - High winds,
2 - Winter Storm warning,
3 - Freezing Rain warning.

There is now half a centimeter of wet ice covering the entire city. Hopefully things will get better this afternoon or I will not be cycling home.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: C R
Accursed Alexa let me know todays weather, low of -5C high of -1C with potential snow in the afternoon.

With less than a 1km to go to work I get 3 weather alerts from my Garmin in a row,
1 - High winds,
2 - Winter Storm warning,
3 - Freezing Rain warning.

There is now half a centimeter of wet ice covering the entire city. Hopefully things will get better this afternoon or I will not be cycling home.

It is only -1C out but there is no way I would ride my bicycle home, and I am running studded tyres today.
Winds of 70kmh, Rain, and Snow. All of this on top of wet ice earlier in the day.

JhnBssll

Veteran
It is only -1C out but there is no way I would ride my bicycle home, and I am running studded tyres today.
Winds of 70kmh, Rain, and Snow. All of this on top of wet ice earlier in the day.

Certainly not my idea of perfect cycling weather - I would be making the same decision. Not worth the risk :surrender:

carvelos

Determined (yes I know it's january) to make this year cycle to work every day year.. Grit snot and puddles are all good for the skin.
I now have 3 bikes (of the many) ready for the pitch black track rides that take me to hospital each day - no frickin excuses man!

Determined (yes I know it's january) to make this year cycle to work every day year.. Grit snot and puddles are all good for the skin.
I now have 3 bikes (of the many) ready for the pitch black track rides that take me to hospital each day - no frickin excuses man!

Just completed the ugliest commute ever on snowy iced over roads, whith the added adventure that they don't have fences here, so all you know for sure is that some of the white expanse is road, somewhere...

Top Bottom