Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Suppose I better clean the commuter tank this weekend 😆

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I seem to spend almost as much time cleaning as commuting at the moment. Had to lube the chain before going to work and before leaving work as well such was the amount of rain/muck this morning. It's got to the stage gthat I keep a bottle of cheap oil in my locker.
Yep, same here. Bottle of chain lube sat on my work desk.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Decided that , if I watch what I’m about I can cycle in even if it’s a wee bit frosty. So big boy pants on and commuted today , will see what I can manage this week. However once again the weather gods are conspiring against me ! I don’t mind the cold freezing conditions but preferable when it’s dry not this sleety wet shoot . Makes it’s utterly miserable.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
A mixed bag riding home yesterday. A driver got way too close to me overtaking on a roundabout, and I rapped my knuckles on the rear pillar to stop him side-swiping me (that's how close he got).

He stopped up the road & my hopes for a civilised exchange were thwarted by his angry aggressive behaviour. Duly reported for careless driving and threatening behaviour. Man has issues... View attachment 541210

The perfect antidote a couple of miles further on my ride home, though...

I stopped to let four cars come through a narrow road, they all waved thanks (which is rare) but it was especially lovely to have a wave from a Dad and his little girl smiling and waving like mad in the front seat ! ^_^:girl:

This threatening driver is getting summonsed to court for careless driving and a s4 Public Order offence. It's taken a while, but I look forward to hearing how it goes.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Drove yesterday and to be honest I’m glad I did because the weather was horrendous. Bit the bullet today and was greeted to lovely sunshine along the Roe Green Loop line ( NCN55)

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I know that there's only a couple of us regulars that use the very nice, large & secure bike shed at work, but a fair bit of it has been taken over as a temporary storage area simply because it's one of the few covered spots with all the rain at the moment
Bike shed or kitchen.jpg

(No I'm not using the wheelbender, the handlebars & saddle are resting on the railings)

Top Bottom