Talk me out of it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
I bought my last new bike (R872 / Ultegra Di2 from Ribble as it happens) after assuring the missus that my last bike had reached the point where it was not upgradable and the only way forward was to get a new bike.
Since then my old bike has had a new groupset, wheels and bars :smile: Shhhhh! :shy:

tom73

Guru
@wonderloaf Great way to celebrate and if you can why not. Oh well I can dream and who know's maybe one day. :whistle:
What are the Schwalbe G like on road and off road I've been thinking of that tyre set up when I order the alloy one. They are Tubeless ready ones ?
Which wheel's you gone for ?

Nibor

Bewildered
I find the part of my bike that makes it heavy is me lol I wouldn't have thought you would notice a pound or so in the frame however I could be corrected. The Croix de Fer is 725 as well it seems.

wonderloaf

Veteran
@wonderloaf Great way to celebrate and if you can why not. Oh well I can dream and who know's maybe one day. :whistle:
What are the Schwalbe G like on road and off road I've been thinking of that tyre set up when I order the alloy one. They are Tubeless ready ones ?
Which wheel's you gone for ?
For a 40mm wide tyre I think they roll really well on the road and seem OK on the gravel tracks around my way although wouldn't want to use them in too much mud. The wheels are Mavic Aksiums and kind of chose themselves, the next set up (Kysriums) were another £450 through the Ribble Bikebuilder and I definitely wouldn't have got that past Mrs W. Maybe some time in the future...

tom73

Guru
For a 40mm wide tyre I think they roll really well on the road and seem OK on the gravel tracks around my way although wouldn't want to use them in too much mud. The wheels are Mavic Aksiums and kind of chose themselves, the next set up (Kysriums) were another £450 through the Ribble Bikebuilder and I definitely wouldn't have got that past Mrs W. Maybe some time in the future...

Yes maybe that would be pushing it a bit :smile: Thanks I had heard they don't do mud well but sound like a good all round tyre given the options. Run Aksiums on my current bike can't fault them. Was thinking Allroad maybe better off road. Need to look into it more 1st.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You should therefore not buy a lighter bike as this would be just taking the easy option. You might as well stay at home eating Pringles and watching videos of mountains.

Is that any better?
As I sit and listen to the wind howling outside. That is exactly what I am doing. Watching this years Transcontinental race.

Top Bottom