Tall people dont have long to live

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
What absolute tosh!

It is a proven fact that people who are not tall have a short life!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
6'1" and a smoker.

Oh dear
ohmy.gif

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
6'1" and a smoker.

Oh dear
ohmy.gif
Don't worry - I'm 6' 1" too and I've noticed that I'm no longer tall!

When I were a lad, I used to look over the heads of most of the other boys in school assemblies. These days, I seem to be surrounded by teenage basketball players. Well, they are tall enough to be basketball players, anyway. 6' 5" is the new tall!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Don't worry - I'm 6' 1" too and I've noticed that I'm no longer tall!

When I were a lad, I used to look over the heads of most of the other boys in school assemblies. These days, I seem to be surrounded by teenage basketball players. Well, they are tall enough to be basketball players, anyway. 6' 5" is the new tall!

I'm 6'6", I may as well order my coffin now.
sad.gif

Arch

Married to Night Train
We are getting taller. Better nutrition allows more people to fulfill their genetic possibility, heightwise. There are still some of us predisposed to be short, but if you have a tall gene, you're more likely to fulfill it when you have enough to eat.

Fiona N

Veteran
I think to be fair the research reported this time around was that women have a 16% greater risk of breast, ovarian (and some other) cancer for every 10cm they are taller than average and 16% less for being 10cm shorter. That was based on some 9000 women over 5' tall (I believe 5'5" is the average).

But this is in addition to earlier research, pretty well confirmed, which has shown that taller people have shorter life expectancy, as for that matter do larger breeds of dog over smaller ones :biggrin: It seems that the reason is a toss up (at the moment) between the higher hormone levels needed during growth to get bigger and more repairs needed to keep a big body going (just think, the heart has to pump the blood further against gravity in taller people) therefore a higher chance of a cancer getting going.

6'3", well thats me fooked.

Only one thing for it then, more dirty beer and loose women .... I do so love that TV show :whistle:

D

Deleted member 1258

Ive heard it all now

Turned the telly on this morning to hear that "tall people are more likley to get cancer"

How do these pepole get grants to spend years doing research into such rubbish.

The best one i heard was some chap got a grant several years ago of a couple of thousand pounds to conduct reserch into why Hebden bridge attracts so many lesbians , and to do this research he spent most of his time in the local pubs talking to lesbians, now call me old fashioned if you will but i would have done that for free !

Look on the bright side, the famous economist JK Galbraith who was 6ft8, found that every extra inch of height was worth $1,000 a year extra in salary - and that was quite a few years ago when salaries were quite a bit smaller than today.

Great, so I'm destined to live to a ripe old age whilst earning rubbish money. :biggrin:

Top Bottom