Tamiya RC models

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
I bought new wheels and tyres, fitted them this evening :becool: I don't know what kind of anarchist designed these new wheels but 1 nut and 12 tiny screws per wheel seems excessive, my fingers still hurt from tightening them all :laugh:

View attachment 582716

View attachment 582717

Since the rolling chassis is now in pretty good shape I've started to think about replacing the rather beaten up shell so will look in to options. I'll probably repair the old one too so I can use it to mess around without fear of smashing it further :laugh:

Looks a very neat and tidy build!. I don't like reading this thread as it'll end up costing me £££'s!.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I've been looking about at random RC related stuff on Ebay and i have to say, times have changed since i had any involvement in the hobby

Look at the size of this!? 50cm's!? Or is the fellow rather small?

View attachment 582784

A 1:1 scale must be a sight to behold...

haha thats insane. Where would you even have space to drive something that big :laugh: There was me thinking the Clodbuster was excessive in size :laugh: Would be ace to see some pictures of the old Nitro truck - I was always tempted by them but i've not owned one to date :whistle:^_^

Looks a very neat and tidy build!. I don't like reading this thread as it'll end up costing me £££'s!.

Thanks, I'm really pleased with it :okay: The thing was a bit of a state when I bought it off eBay, considering I've replaced most of it now I definitely paid over the odds for it but hey, it's been fun 😊 I've just put a pre-order in for a new standard shell, windscreen and bumpers. They're all on backorder everywhere at the moment unless you want to pay silly eBay prices but looks like they'll be arriving mid to end of May 😊 Before then I'll fix the current shell up and reinforce it a bit so I can have some fun with it :laugh:

I've also ordered some super cheap LED bits and pieces of aliexpress to see if I can get some working lights hooked up. Should be straightforward, I managed it ok on my Vanessa's Lunchbox :smile: I might design and print some more custom parts for it in the mean time to keep myself entertained 😊

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
haha thats insane. Where would you even have space to drive something that big :laugh: There was me thinking the Clodbuster was excessive in size :laugh: Would be ace to see some pictures of the old Nitro truck - I was always tempted by them but i've not owned one to date :whistle:^_^

Thanks, I'm really pleased with it :okay: The thing was a bit of a state when I bought it off eBay, considering I've replaced most of it now I definitely paid over the odds for it but hey, it's been fun 😊 I've just put a pre-order in for a new standard shell, windscreen and bumpers. They're all on backorder everywhere at the moment unless you want to pay silly eBay prices but looks like they'll be arriving mid to end of May 😊 Before then I'll fix the current shell up and reinforce it a bit so I can have some fun with it :laugh:

I've also ordered some super cheap LED bits and pieces of aliexpress to see if I can get some working lights hooked up. Should be straightforward, I managed it ok on my Vanessa's Lunchbox :smile: I might design and print some more custom parts for it in the mean time to keep myself entertained 😊

Yes I will upload some pictures of it. It needs a bit of cleaning as it's been stuffed in the shed for 14 or so years. I'm going to get it running. I think I may replace the electrics to a more modern 2.4ghz system.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Got my old Tamiya Honda out of storage the weekend. It started life as a Toyota Celica but I upgraded the bodyshell to a Lexan and there were no Celica shells available. Fully ball raced and the mechanical controller replaced with an ESC. I also removed the prop shaft to change it to two wheel drive, faster and a lot more fun that way.

I'm just awaiting a new battery to arrive from Modelsport as the old one is on it's last legs.

Attachments

• Tamiya.JPG
    Tamiya.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 2

classic33

Leg End Member
I bought new wheels and tyres, fitted them this evening :becool: I don't know what kind of anarchist designed these new wheels but 1 nut and 12 tiny screws per wheel seems excessive, my fingers still hurt from tightening them all :laugh:

View attachment 582716

View attachment 582717

Since the rolling chassis is now in pretty good shape I've started to think about replacing the rather beaten up shell so will look in to options. I'll probably repair the old one too so I can use it to mess around without fear of smashing it further :laugh:
How goes the "rebuild"?

Top Bottom