Tandem Captains (front riders) wanted for capable fit blind people in Stevenage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sean D

Hi there,

They say that tandem cycling is one of the best things a couple can do... but since my fiance and I are both registered blind, public safety dictates that it's not something we can do on the same tandem bike.

So, CAN YOU HELP?

We are both capable, active and reasonably fit with a reasonable bit of tandem bike experience between us.

We own three tandem bikes - two of which are Dawes Galaxy tandems and both are well maintained.

No previous experience is needed - so please don't rule yourself out if you've never touched a tandem in your life. No one has ridden one until their first time.

And please don't rule yourself out for fear of taking responsibility for blind people. We take responsibility for ourselves :smile: Plus we've both got experience of cycling distances of up to 70 miles though we would be just as grateful for shorter or longer rides too.

I am not sure about posting contact details here so please dm me if you think you can help - or even if you fancy having a chat to explore the possibility of helping out.

Go on... drop us a line.

Safe cycling.
Sean and Siobhan

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
PM on the way

alans

black belt lounge lizard
Hi there,

They say that tandem cycling is one of the best things a couple can do... but since my fiance and I are both registered blind, public safety dictates that it's not something we can do on the same tandem bike.

So, CAN YOU HELP?

We are both capable, active and reasonably fit with a reasonable bit of tandem bike experience between us.

We own three tandem bikes - two of which are Dawes Galaxy tandems and both are well maintained.

No previous experience is needed - so please don't rule yourself out if you've never touched a tandem in your life. No one has ridden one until their first time.

And please don't rule yourself out for fear of taking responsibility for blind people. We take responsibility for ourselves :smile: Plus we've both got experience of cycling distances of up to 70 miles though we would be just as grateful for shorter or longer rides too.

I am not sure about posting contact details here so please dm me if you think you can help - or even if you fancy having a chat to explore the possibility of helping out.

Go on... drop us a line.

Safe cycling.
Sean and Siobhan

I suggest you contact Paul West at British Cycling using the same text as above.
He put me in touch with my stoker

Top Bottom