Tank and military memorabilia collecting (don’t mention the war)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A pensioner in Germany has been fined and had his collection of a WW2 tank, Flak 88mm AA gun, various weapons and uniforms confiscated and been ordered to pay a £200,000 fine for keeping them in the basement of his house. Sounds like a collectors dream.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58077039

Last edited:
A tank. In a house. Thank goodness it has been removed; did no one think of the children?

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Yes, I’d love to see a pic of the basement.

Looks like he’s set to receive a couple of million quid when they are sold, but what is he going to do with it at his age? I’m sure he rather have his collection back.

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I reckon having a Panther in your basement trumps having a tiger in your tank.

The punishment seems very severe, do they take into account intent there? It doesn't seem so, the guy is 84 and hasn't harmed or threatened anyone with any of the items. Well, not since 1945 at least.

Puts my WW1 bayonet to shame!
Given the state of the German Armed Forces as reported in recent years, this old man could have threatened the entire country with that arsenal.

That maniac!

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
The Panther alone is worth vast sums alone. They are rare as rocking horse poo and some for obvious reasons. If it is still original with provenance the price can sky rocket much further.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Such a shame, puts paid to his plans to a one man invasion of Poland before the winter sets in.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~

stephec

Legendary Member
I reckon having a Panther in your basement trumps having a tiger in your tank.

The punishment seems very severe, do they take into account intent there? It doesn't seem so, the guy is 84 and hasn't harmed or threatened anyone with any of the items. Well, not since 1945 at least.

Puts my WW1 bayonet to shame!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom