Tannus Tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sounds like something that Sting (pop star) fella does ? :tongue:

fossyant

I'd love to know how good they are at stopping. I proved last week, that Durano Plus tyres are grippy, and traditional callipers work well, even in the damp. Shame the bike stopped faster than my body. Had a nice soft bonnet to land on !

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I'd love to know how good they are at stopping. I proved last week, that Durano Plus tyres are grippy, and traditional callipers work well, even in the damp. Shame the bike stopped faster than my body. Had a nice soft bonnet to land on !
I read about that in a thread someplace, was considering making a smart remark at the time but thought better of it.

Anything damaged? except pride etc...

I'm as interested to know if the things can just "slip off" I'm a big guy and don't hang about, especially on some corners...oh and they are for my new (second hand) low hassle single speed winter ride....I'm going "super low maintenance!" this winter

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Ah, cheers Fella, nice one

fossyant

I read about that in a thread someplace, was considering making a smart remark at the time but thought better of it.

Anything damaged? except pride etc...

I'm as interested to know if the things can just "slip off" I'm a big guy and don't hang about, especially on some corners...oh and they are for my new (second hand) low hassle single speed winter ride....I'm going "super low maintenance!" this winter

Smart remarks accepted. My fault, over cooking it. I would be worried about the ability to stay on the rim - knowing my 'aggressive' ride style (not my comment, but a colleague who is a long time cyclist - more years than me but doesn't commute).

Durano Plus are fit and forget 23mm's really. Not super hard wearing, but very glass proof. Bit heavy for me, but good training !!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
At the Cycle Show last year, they had someone fitting Tannus tyres onto a wheel. They used a massive 2 pronged lever to shoe-horn the tyre on. It definitely wasn't the sort of thing you could easily do at home.

A club mate has just fit a pair on his winter bike. took him under an hour to fit both. Early days yet for a review, but his initial findings was they don't roll quite as well as conventional tyre/tube set ups.
I was tempted to go for them on my single speed, but opted for Duranos, maybe next winter I'll try them if my mate gets on well with his :okay:

Top Bottom