Tannus tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Thank you all. I might give it a try...
Let us know how you get on.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The problem touring with these is what do you do if you manage to demolish one. Do you carry a spare?

I cant remember the last time I had a puncture in a Schwalbe Marathon and the spare is easy to pack.

The problem touring with these is what do you do if you manage to demolish one. Do you carry a spare?

I cant remember the last time I had a puncture in a Schwalbe Marathon and the spare is easy to pack.

In my experience thus far, if you managed to do something heinous enough to 'demolish' one, the tyre would be the least of your worries.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
In my experience thus far, if you managed to do something heinous enough to 'demolish' one, the tyre would be the least of your worries.

You know us cyclist we can murder anything.

Can you feel the difference in the ride. My tyres are pumped to 110 psi and are very hard but I still feel that there is a little give in them which cushions the ride. I have the the thought that solid rubber tyres would give a very severe ride but I am possibly wrong.

Do they Roll as well as normal tyres?

You know us cyclist we can murder anything.

Can you feel the difference in the ride. My tyres are pumped to 110 psi and are very hard but I still feel that there is a little give in them which cushions the ride. I have the the thought that solid rubber tyres would give a very severe ride but I am possibly wrong.

Do they Roll as well as normal tyres?

Surprisingly, no worse than the shielded Schwalbe numbers.

I've just written a review of a pair Tannus gave me to test ride http://veloballs.com/tannus-solid-tyres-review/
Just read it..... bit out my price range but they seem better than most that have gone before!!!!!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I've just written a review of a pair Tannus gave me to test ride http://veloballs.com/tannus-solid-tyres-review/
A bit more detail would be nice!
Is there a guarantee: what happens if for any reason the tyre gets damaged riding?
Why are they so hard to fit? Does that mean don't buy it on line 'cause you won't be able to fit them?
Do you need to pump them up at all ... ever? Do they "bounce"? Have you tried kerb hopping?
Did you ride them on wet, slimy leaves testing for grip?
Does the steering feel different?
No doubt I'll come up with more questions later :girl:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Is there a guarantee: what happens if for any reason the tyre gets damaged riding?
Why are they so hard to fit? Does that mean don't buy it on line 'cause you won't be able to fit them?
Do you need to pump them up at all ... ever? Do they "bounce"? Have you tried kerb hopping?

You should be a commissioning editor.

They certainly don't need to be ever pumped up, there's no way to do it.

The tyre is held on to the wheel by a number of plastic lozenges which fit crosswise in the well of the rim.

In that respect. fitting could be a bit fiddly.

Probably beyond a lot of us who don't do a lot more than fix a puncture.

I reckon a competent bike mechanic ought to be able to do it - there is a vid to follow on the website.

I've not seen a Tannus tyre, but they look fairly tough so I reckon catastrophic damage on the road is unlikely.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod

Please leave a comment and I'll ask the manufacturer :smile:

Top Bottom